PDA

View Full Version : Yaarrhg

barretcreek
09-14-2017, 07:29
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14/us-nuclear-sub-returns-flying-pirate-flag-sparking-speculation.html

JB White
09-14-2017, 11:55
It was not immediately clear why the Carter returned to its home port observing a British tradition....

Hmmm...perhaps it might have something to do with our Navy being built on British traditions? At least they didn't come home chugging a scuttle of rum and dangling a 'scurvy dog' from the yardarm.

Vern Humphrey
09-14-2017, 04:47
Arr, me hearties! 'Twas a good voyage -- lots of pieces of eight and comely wenches!

m1ashooter
09-14-2017, 06:42
Something is up. Historically the undersea guys only fly the Jolly Rogers when they are successful in the mission, or is it simply a deception to get someone thinking?

RED
09-15-2017, 04:12
I learned early in my Navy days that any mission you return from was a successful one, The only people that know why they flew the skull and crossbones was on the ship. It could be a dozen innocent reasons that have nothing to do with the British traditions. They had already flown the flag without consequence. It could have been the sub's CO had a bet with his leading Chief Petty Officer that they would finish the cruise with no serious maintenance foul ups. It could be any freaking reason, and speculations are just that.

It seems like today that no matter the altruistic motives, and without a shred of evidence, anybody can be tried, convicted, and his life ruined, by speculation. "That guy pulled the struggling girl out of the water so he could feel her breasts. I saw him... When he pulled her of the water, he put his hands on her chest and his mouth on hers.

It is not even possible he saved a drowning girl and performed CPR. He is vilified, and ruined for the rest of his life when in actuality he is a hero.

JMHO

Vern Humphrey
09-15-2017, 04:27
Reminds me of the female fighter pilot who crashed on landing. She woke up feeling a tremendous pressure on her chest. She looked up and saw a big Corpsman pushing down on her boobs with all his weight. He saw she was awake and said, "Don't worry, Sir. I'll get your balls pushed back down, and your dick will pop right out."

AZshooter
09-17-2017, 06:26
Seeing the boat is named Carter, there's likely obfuscation in play. You just can't decide at the drop of a hat to fly the Jolly Roger - not unless you've been successful at swashing, buckling, raping and pillaging.

Now, the photos show some cute Nork female troops, but given their bereft state of economy and unavailable personal hygiene materials, you can bet they're all likely too ripe to engage.

Tuna
09-18-2017, 05:18
Yup that sub is one of three made to carry Navy Seals to where they are needed and to allow them to leave the sub and return underwater. They have their own section built right into the sub just for the Seals. That is the primary mission for these subs.