PDA

View Full Version : Is that so!

S.A. Boggs
09-09-2017, 02:58
CNN reports that the Navy is sending the carrier Abraham Lincoln and several battleships to help in FLA. Wonder which "active" battleship it will be...just curious.
Sam

Vern Humphrey
09-09-2017, 03:01
Remember, it's CNN. Hardly a credible news source.

RED
09-09-2017, 03:12
Too many (if not all) of the people under 50 years old, refer to PT boats, submarines, destroyers, aircraft carriers and canoes as "Battleships."

They don't have a clue as to what a battleship is, or is not.

p246
09-09-2017, 07:03
Maybe they are pulling the Missouri out of museum duty and putting it on hurricane duty...It only took a few hours in the movie Battleship to get her in fighting trim to fight Aliens.

m1ashooter
09-09-2017, 08:55
The Alabama and North Carolina are close. On a side note the USS Lexington on Corpus was side to billet some USCG personnel.

Tigre_fish
09-10-2017, 11:09
It's like the term "assault rifle" - it's whatever the ignorant journalist wants "battleship" to mean without regard to hard fact.

leftyo
09-10-2017, 11:35
It's like the term "assault rifle" - it's whatever the ignorant journalist wants "battleship" to mean without regard to hard fact.

that about sums it up.

Former Cav
09-13-2017, 04:24
cnn wouldn't know a battleship from a transgender !!!

Dan Shapiro
09-13-2017, 04:36
Well CNN does consider themselves of the "intellectual elite". But daily prove how really dumb they really are. These are the folks who claim they have "multiple layers of fact checkers" before a story is released.

Vern Humphrey
09-13-2017, 07:14
Well CNN does consider themselves of the "intellectual elite". But daily prove how really dumb they really are. These are the folks who claim they have "multiple layers of fact checkers" before a story is released.

Someone on Fox -- I forget who -- summed it up; "CNN used to be boring, but reliable. They're no longer reliable."

JOHN COOK
09-14-2017, 03:43
FWIW, the Abraham Lincoln is using it's ability to provide water (desalination of ocean water) in 5 gallon containers and it's being delivered on pallets via helicopter to the residents in Florida. Also providing medical assistance. So, it's not such a weird idea to have a carrier in that area. I think it was a great move.
mu 2 cents.

john

S.A. Boggs
09-14-2017, 05:33
FWIW, the Abraham Lincoln is using it's ability to provide water (desalination of ocean water) in 5 gallon containers and it's being delivered on pallets via helicopter to the residents in Florida. Also providing medical assistance. So, it's not such a weird idea to have a carrier in that area. I think it was a great move.
mu 2 cents.

john
Yea, but where are the battleships that CNN promised? :walk::eusa_liar:
Sam

JOHN COOK
09-14-2017, 05:51
Sam, I really don't give a Damn what CNN says or does. I don't look at their channel because I don't care to hear or see a Homo or a Lessy telling me anything.
Same goes with MSNBC I don't care for them either. IMHO aircraft carriers out rank a battle ship, but due to the fact I never served in the Navy as I said IMHO............

john

S.A. Boggs
09-14-2017, 07:44
Sam, I really don't give a Damn what CNN says or does. I don't look at their channel because I don't care to hear or see a Homo or a Lessy telling me anything.
Same goes with MSNBC I don't care for them either. IMHO aircraft carriers out rank a battle ship, but due to the fact I never served in the Navy as I said IMHO............

john
John I was being sarcastic, apology given.
Sam

dryheat
09-14-2017, 11:42
mu 2 cents.

john

That water probably costs $80 a gallon, but what the heck, may as well use it for what it was made for.