PDA

View Full Version : Flood vehcles.

S.A. Boggs
09-01-2017, 03:06
I bet the majority will end up back on the road in your AO to unsuspecting buyers. Don't ask me how I know, damn near killed me as it did the previous owner!
Sam

gwp
09-01-2017, 07:01
Years ago before the Salvage Titles were common, my dad purchased a low mileage car for a reasonable price. After he had it for a few months lots of problems started happening. The car was purchased from a local new car dealer of the same brand. It became apparent the car was in a flood when we checked the seat bottoms and found heavy rust on the springs and brackets. Now the insurance companies sell the damaged cars with salvage titles and services like Carfax or others help determine the condition and service the vehicle received.

togor
09-02-2017, 10:05
Wonder how many firearms went under water.

S.A. Boggs
09-02-2017, 10:53
Wonder how many firearms went under water.
Never thought of that, glad you brought it up. In this situation just what does one do with their collection? :icon_scratch:
Sam

PWC
09-02-2017, 07:16
I dont know but it would seem that for this short term of flood, rust wouldn't be a problem yet, the metal could be cleaned up, wood that was well treated before probably won't be damaged, at least from what I've read about how M-1 stocks are treated to degrease and restore. Laminate and composite, not at all. Reloading supplies, properly stored, probably not hurt, powder may be in a different place from where it was left due to floating around. The electronic scales, vibrators, tumblers, and the like, well...... Optics are usually sealed/warranted, hopefully at least to a depth of 6 feet. Big mess to wipe off, dry off, steel wool, oil/grease and clean out.

Home and roof will probably take precedence, but lots of WD40 won't hurt on the shootn' irons.

togor
09-02-2017, 07:47
Something vintage and collectable, might be a sad outcome. Hopefully no Rod Bayonet '03s caught in the deluge.