PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any builds planned?

togor
08-25-2017, 05:50
Things are too slow.

So anyone have any builds planned that they want to talk about?

I'm sitting on a CMP grade B receiver, and a few of those USGI Korean era barrels. Will someday make an all-USGI shooter, once the storage situation improves. Nothing fancy but another M1 in the world.

ray55classic
08-25-2017, 09:09
Slowly but surely a Bula receiver ,Wolfe 5R barrel, in a Mcmillan M3A stock . I'm halfway there.

A 59' Enfield L1A1 build going that's almost complete just looking for a decent upper receiver
piecing together 2 AR's one for CQB , one a varmint rifle.

& a 1964' HD FLH that's been coming out of boxes this year , just got a complete Andrews gear set 4 it.
It ought to shift like a dream

dryheat
08-26-2017, 12:59
ray. your technical. I don't even know what that stuff is, and your talking old time rifles. Ahh, some of that is cars, right?
Togor, you have a $125 receiver and probably a $125 barrel(I have one too). What is the storage problem? A Garand doesn't take up that much space. As we all should know, the parts are worth more(well, maybe not these days) than a complete rifle. But, building a rifle is kind of a fun thing. I built a FAL on my kitchen table using an Enterprise arms and parts combination. I felt like Edison. I did use the Wide World of Guns book's pictures. I had that one little oblong part left over. I finally figured out it was the go-fast thing that was not allowed in the modern receiver.

nf1e
08-26-2017, 03:02
Always something in the oven. Recently did this Bula CBR in carbon fiber chassis. Shoots like a dream and easy on the back.
Waiting on 3 more USGI heeled M-14 receivers that James River is doing for me. All the parts for builds are just hanging around in the shop.
Plenty of M1 barrels and parts to do a few builds, but no receivers as of yet.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/IMG_1182_zpsu4ompoi4.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_1182_zpsu4ompoi4.jpg.html)

Semper Fi
Art

togor
08-26-2017, 05:23
Garand receivers worth more than $125 I think. Anyhow, cabinets all full at the moment. Could squeeze some pistols in there but that's about it. Agree that the build is for the fun of it.

ray55classic
08-26-2017, 07:50
[QUOTE=dryheat;507111]ray. your technical. I don't even know what that stuff is, and your talking old time rifles. Ahh, some of that is cars, right?
QUOTE]

No cars, I've done that B4 it's just too damn much work @ this stage in my life ,
the 1st is a M14/M1A build I've been dreaming of & gathering parts for quite a while , I've finally started picking up the high dollar items

2nd is an "inch version" of the metric FN FAL , I just want a quality "inch" upper receiver to finish her up,
I've done a number of metric FAL's back in the 90's when you could still get unissued Austrian STG58 kits and Imbel receivers
however this is my 1st inch gun.

3rd up is 2 separate AR15's one for close quarter battle & one for varmint hunting

4th up the last but certainly not least a 1964' Harley- Davidson FLH Duo Glide "panhead" that should look like this when she's done

Richard H Brown Jr
08-28-2017, 05:58
Sarco is selling *Starter* m-14 parts (NOT ALL OF THE PARTS) and an add-on kit, but you'll still need wood and fiddly bits. BULA or Futon Armory receivers.

R. Brown

blackhawk2
08-29-2017, 04:13
Spoke to the Sarco guys at a gun show....The worker bees are good guy's, it the management that is screwed up....When the grade A parts sold out, the grade B parts became grade A....Then the grade C parts became the grade A parts....If you go to the store you can hand pick what you want...If it is not there, they check downstairs....It is best you call the warehouse in NJ order 3 for the store in Pa, and pick the best one in person.....regards....alex