PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pat

S.A. Boggs
08-15-2017, 11:44
I want to give Pat a round of applause for dealing with those who shall be nameless. This board will have problem children from time to time and we need to give her a heads up before the problem escalates. Red is different, he is a problem child BUT HE IS OUR PROBLEM CHILD and believe it or not is willing to listen. Red is like a friend of mine, a pain at time but will help me bury the bodies if I need to ask...know what I mean? I really appreciate his sea stories and I wish he would contribute more of his oral history. Those other's were here for a bad-good time at our expense.
Sam

leftyo
08-15-2017, 01:30
ill disagree with you on the red issue. when he is decent he is ok, but he is the most vile person on the forum.

TomSudz
08-15-2017, 10:06
Amen, Sam, Amen.

m1ashooter
08-16-2017, 07:40
Yes we owe Pat a big thanks.

ray55classic
08-16-2017, 08:31
I made a thread on how nice it is around her now yesterday, thanking her,
Under the circumstances I don't think I can thank her enough.

Dick Hosmer
08-16-2017, 09:28
One part of me says it didn't go nearly far enough, another part says it's a slippery slope towards censorship. But is IS more peaceful.

I would, however, point out to those who say that the departed miscreants did not discuss guns, that this IS the political forum, and "gun talk" is NOT required here.

S.A. Boggs
08-16-2017, 09:47
One part of me says it didn't go nearly far enough, another part says it's a slippery slope towards censorship. But is IS more peaceful.

I would, however, point out to those who say that the departed miscreants did not discuss guns, that this IS the political forum, and "gun talk" is NOT required here.
I have no problem with opposing views, one individual in particular was a provocateur. I would explain my position clearly and be asked to provide more details. Dealing with mental illness I understand and looks for what is called symptoms of pattern I.E, can it be explained why the person did using past history. This person was trying to see if I would in the least change what I said and then "they" would jump on this as incorrect statement. Red often has a point of debate, obscene but logical in it's outcome. There is no intent at psychological harm as noted from the other's. Often their intent was to slightly plant an idea that the person was wrong...this was seen in a few statements. Subliminal suggestions are often used to alter a person's opinion or impose a need.
Sam

Sako
08-16-2017, 11:12
All you had to do was ignore them but some of you just couldn't seem to let it go. So now we have a forum that caters to the views of one side but not the other. Who's next?

dryheat
08-16-2017, 12:26
- Red often has a point of debate, obscene but logical in it's outcome.-

That's ahh...debatable.

S.A. Boggs
08-16-2017, 12:46
All you had to do was ignore them but some of you just couldn't seem to let it go. So now we have a forum that caters to the views of one side but not the other. Who's next?
Sako you are a newcomer, let me explain. Since the early days political discussion was only available around out cracker barrel and it did get heated and lively at times. Some people liked Clinton, some didn't but both sides were able to vent. The expelled person was here to create bedlam nothing more. Pat did the right thing and was more then generous in my opinion. I don't see a problem unless one creates a problem.
Sam

Jiminvirginia
08-16-2017, 02:13
Who got booted?

Roadkingtrax
08-16-2017, 03:07
Who got booted?

A few folks that asked hard questions, called out hypocrisy and generally took up a contrary viewpoint. So, like a statue, they were removed.

S.A. Boggs
08-16-2017, 03:30
A few folks that asked hard questions, called out hypocrisy and generally took up a contrary viewpoint. So, like a statue, they were removed.
They were a pain in the butt and good riddance! This board was more then fair with them, on one of theirs I doubt if anyone of us doing the same would have lasted a snowflakes chance in Hades!

Sako
08-16-2017, 08:10
Sako you are a newcomer, let me explain. Since the early days political discussion was only available around out cracker barrel and it did get heated and lively at times. Some people liked Clinton, some didn't but both sides were able to vent. The expelled person was here to create bedlam nothing more. Pat did the right thing and was more then generous in my opinion. I don't see a problem unless one creates a problem.
Sam
Sam , how do you consider me a newcomer? Was on the old forum and been on this one as long as anyone else.
I didn't agree with a lot of what was being posted by the two fellas that got booted and I didn't let myself get suckered into arguing with them but I swear some of you fellas would argue with a fence post.
Its going to get real boring on here if everyone has the same opinion on everything.

Ken The Kanuck
08-16-2017, 08:41
Its going to get real boring on here if everyone has the same opinion on everything.

What do you figure the odds are for that?

KTK

Roadkingtrax
08-16-2017, 09:11

Funny you say that, last time Togor messaged me he had remarked about how they will turn on themselves without anyone to argue with. I wouldn't personally bet against the prediction.

leftyo
08-16-2017, 09:26
i wouldn't either.

dryheat
08-16-2017, 11:33
You vil agree wis ze party line. You vil not argue wis the standpoint of the ze party. Und if you do, you vil be delt with.

Dick Hosmer
08-17-2017, 07:42
We need something to liven up the joint!

How does everyone feel about the potential of a possible reopening of the Clinton/Lynch meeting "matter"?

Sako
08-17-2017, 07:56
What do you figure the odds are for that?

KTK

Ken, I think that any time the management starts catering to a select few and you have to worry about getting the boot if you don't agree with these people, it is going to become a stale forum.
Ken, you cannot convince me that you read through all of the wasted back and forth conversing going on between the two groups. Instead you used your God given right to ignored a good part of it as most people did. Why should we have to agree with each other for both of us to be on this forum?
Go back and see who started the name calling and escalated the hate tone of the conversations! Remember that you or anyone on here has the choice of ignoring any conversation they choose.
Ken, I enjoy your pictures and the posts you originate and think everyone should take a lesson from it instead of just wanting to lash out over different beliefs, remember it takes two to argue.

Ken The Kanuck
08-17-2017, 09:37
Ken, I think that any time the management starts catering to a select few and you have to worry about getting the boot if you don't agree with these people, it is going to become a stale forum.
Ken, you cannot convince me that you read through all of the wasted back and forth conversing going on between the two groups. Instead you used your God given right to ignored a good part of it as most people did. Why should we have to agree with each other for both of us to be on this forum?
Go back and see who started the name calling and escalated the hate tone of the conversations! Remember that you or anyone on here has the choice of ignoring any conversation they choose.
Ken, I enjoy your pictures and the posts you originate and think everyone should take a lesson from it instead of just wanting to lash out over different beliefs, remember it takes two to argue.

Hi Sako,

As always it is good to hear from you and to read a well reasoned post. You are absolutely correct in saying that I did not read all the back and forth crap, but I did read enough to come to the conclusion that the intent of the posters was not to have a meaningful and reasoned discussion.

We have our arguments and do not always agree. The vast majority of the folks here are capable of acting like grown ups and do not lower themselves into name calling and other childish behaviour. When I see this sort of thing I try to look a little deeper and figure out why the poster is so angry. It appears to me that some of us are going through difficult times and that maybe the reason for spewing venom. I do not condone it, but am willing to cut a little slack based upon the difficulties I think the poster maybe having.

But it struck me that that some were only trying to be disruptive and were adding nothing to the pleasure many of us get from this cracker barrel.

I have many different beliefs from from many here and plan to continue expressing them. Hopefully this will result in some lively and fun discussions.

The only person I have known to always be right is my wife. And although it pains me to admit it, often she is.:icon_lol:

KTK

dave
08-17-2017, 10:04

No! The political forum is at the bottom of the forums list. Gun talk, I believe, was created for guns and subjects not specifically listed in one of the forums. Perhaps it should be renamed? The fact they did not discuss guns (I did make that statement) was just evidence they were here only to cause trouble. As far as I know they went on no other forum, choose GT because it is probably the most visited. If you have a question about Krags or Trapddoors, they belong on those forums, not gun talk. Altho it is not against the rules but you will get a better answer.
If every one had just ignored them none of this would have been necessary, but no, they were fed their fill!
I seldom go on the Pol. Forum and if this had been there I would have missed the whole bruha!

dave
08-18-2017, 07:11
PS: and by the way, the only forum on this site that says 'anything goes, so if you can't take it, do not enter', is the political forum, not 'gun talk'. The point being if "their" posts had been limited to that site perhaps you could argue they did nothing wrong.

jon_norstog
08-18-2017, 06:17
i would say, give Red a pass. He's sort of a friend of mine ...

jn

leftyo
08-18-2017, 06:28
i would say, give Red a pass. He's sort of a friend of mine ...

jn

he wont get any slack from me, but then ive been on the receiving end of his nasty vile lies. that plus the fact he doesnt cut anyone slack, imo he should have been done away with a long time ago, but i dont run the forum......