PDA

View Full Version : Things to do if you're

aintright
08-12-2017, 01:30
Things to do if you're ever in the area this time of year . This time of year , every year , they have a thing called RT.11 Yard Crawl , goes from Harrisonburg , Va. to Stephens City , Va. On RT.11 . It is advertised as a Saturday event but there is a lot to be seen and had on Friday .
You can find just about anything , clothes , various collectable stuff , knives , guns , a little ammo , military gear from Civil War to present day stuff , vehicles , four wheelers , boats , and food from vendors or local town restaurants .
You can get dates of event on the web .
Wife and I spent the last two days doing this. People are friendly , even passing through motorist are courteous .
There are all kinds of other things here , Skyland Drive , a great place for hiking , evening rides to look at deer and bear .
Wife bought a lot of stuff for kids , I saw some ok deals on guns , some good quality knives , but nothing that I felt like I just had to have .
Was a great time , and some good grub . Did buy a few old postcards from a fellow that I thought was cool and in good shape , with some old stamps , don't know squat about stamps , just thought it was neat that one and two cent stamps were still on them .
Kenneth

lyman
08-12-2017, 05:16
Things to do if you're ever in the area this time of year . This time of year , every year , they have a thing called RT.11 Yard Crawl , goes from Harrisonburg , Va. to Stephens City , Va. On RT.11 . It is advertised as a Saturday event but there is a lot to be seen and had on Friday .
You can find just about anything , clothes , various collectable stuff , knives , guns , a little ammo , military gear from Civil War to present day stuff , vehicles , four wheelers , boats , and food from vendors or local town restaurants .
You can get dates of event on the web .
Wife and I spent the last two days doing this. People are friendly , even passing through motorist are courteous .
There are all kinds of other things here , Skyline Drive , a great place for hiking , evening rides to look at deer and bear .
Wife bought a lot of stuff for kids , I saw some ok deals on guns , some good quality knives , but nothing that I felt like I just had to have .
Was a great time , and some good grub . Did buy a few old postcards from a fellow that I thought was cool and in good shape , with some old stamps , don't know squat about stamps , just thought it was neat that one and two cent stamps were still on them .
Kenneth

fify

another good event is the Crozet Arts festival,
usually around May and Oct,

not much firearms related, but always a good time