PDA

View Full Version : Troll

Ken The Kanuck
08-12-2017, 12:27
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

This ring a bell? Stop feeding the xxxxers and they will go away.

KTK

Vern Humphrey
08-12-2017, 04:51
Amen!!

Somehow they think one of their many entitlements is to be entertained by the rest of us.

SysAd
08-12-2017, 08:47
Alternatively, you can report them to me if they are committing misconduct, and I will give 'em the ole boot!

S.A. Boggs
08-13-2017, 01:20
Alternatively, you can report them to me if they are committing misconduct, and I will give 'em the ole boot!
Believe me, she will!
Sam

Fred
08-13-2017, 01:25
Thanks Pat!

S.A. Boggs
08-13-2017, 03:07
Thanks Pat!
How you doing Fred?
Sam

Ken The Kanuck
08-13-2017, 08:20

Pat, after reading many (too many) of Sandpebble's and Togor's posts all they seem to want to do is "sow discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people".

I too will often have a different point of view with other posters, but not every time. It is getting old.

As I said if we would stop feeding the xxxxers they will go away as it is only attention that they seek, not a intelligent exchange of thoughts.

We should be capable of keeping care of this ourselves and not need big sister.

KTK

Fred
08-13-2017, 08:58
How you doing Fred?
Sam

Hi Sam! I'm doin alright these days. My arthritic spine is stiff and aches, but my wife lets me just loaf around doing nothing all day but drinking Ale and eating whatever fine cooking she creates in her kitchen.
We're building another big ol patio way out back out of about 150 tons of rock and stone. This one will have an upper and a lower patio with two big ol pools, a natural spring looking fountain, a Seven foot waterfall, about a 30 foot winding stream. It'll be great when it's finished because I could use the rest.
How've YOU been Sam?

Dolt
08-14-2017, 02:05

Who gets to define trolling? Are we getting politically correct here boys and girls? Do we need safe spaces? Are we being triggered? Jeeezuussss! Grow up and act like adults would you please?

Allen
08-14-2017, 02:48
Who gets to define trolling? Are we getting politically correct here boys and girls? Do we need safe spaces? Are we being triggered? Jeeezuussss! Grow up and act like adults would you please?

And if given the "boot" they will just come back under different user names and continue. I feel the 2 mentioned above along with maybe one or two others are the same person. Every time one responds the other responds as well. Like mentioned many times here the "ignore list" is a good tool to have.

S.A. Boggs
08-14-2017, 03:18
When our son was little and giving us a problem, I took a small dowel rod and waved it over his head. He went to never, never land and was totally ignored for 10-15 minutes...that is along time for a child. I then would wave the wand again and magically he would appear. It worked pretty well until he figured it out and I did another trick.
Sam

Allen
08-14-2017, 03:23
When our son was little and giving us a problem, I took a small dowel rod and waved it over his head. He went to never, never land and was totally ignored for 10-15 minutes...that is along time for a child. I then would wave the wand again and magically he would appear. It worked pretty well until he figured it out and I did another trick.
Sam

Where were you at the DNC when the election was going on?

Dolt
08-14-2017, 03:39
How about Websters Dictionary.

A troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Is that what you want this site to be? A place reserved just for a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response. If that is what you want, go somewhere else to find it.

A person that calls himself "Dolt," is telling other folks to grow up... Really now that is precious.

Thank you! I really am quite precious.

S.A. Boggs
08-14-2017, 03:57
Where were you at the DNC when the election was going on?
Past my bedtime of 2000.
Sam

Vern Humphrey
08-14-2017, 04:43

The SysAd, of course.

Roadkingtrax
08-14-2017, 05:34
Now Red will have more time to converse on the forum, and not send profanity laden PMs, i.e. Trolling.

dave
08-15-2017, 09:37
I have said, in the past, to ignore these people. I think to judge who they are you can look at their posts, no gun questions, no gun answers to questions, only chiming in on political posts. Of which I think there are too many of here. A lot of gun sites do not even allow them, a rule I never used to agree with but I can see the reason for it. There are a few exceptions on this site as to the amount of gun posts, but most forums will have little turn over.

Dick Hosmer
08-15-2017, 10:40
Now Red will have more time to converse on the forum, and not send profanity laden PMs, i.e. Trolling.

Take it easy - if I had been the complainant (I wasn't) - YOU would have been named, instead of togor. I have no argument (beyond the fact that ignoring is FAR better than banning) about Pebbles.
Red wears his heart on his sleeve, so - to a degree - do I.

Roadkingtrax
08-15-2017, 10:53
Take it easy - if I had been the complainant (I wasn't) - YOU would have been named, instead of togor. I have no argument (beyond the fact that ignoring is FAR better than banning) about Pebbles.
Red wears his heart on his sleeve, so - to a degree - do I.

Mr. Hosmer,

Please stop trolling me into some protracted debate. Unless of course you were involved in Red's personal attacks, it would be best if you simply follow my request and stop embodying the very thing you now complain about.

Respectfully submitted.

Dick Hosmer
08-15-2017, 11:23
Mr. Hosmer,

Please stop trolling me into some protracted debate. Unless of course you were involved in Red's personal attacks, it would be best if you simply follow my request and stop embodying the very thing you now complain about.

Respectfully submitted.

Respectfully accepted - over and out.

Vern Humphrey
08-15-2017, 08:01
I have said, in the past, to ignore these people. I think to judge who they are you can look at their posts, no gun questions, no gun answers to questions, only chiming in on political posts. Of which I think there are too many of here. A lot of gun sites do not even allow them, a rule I never used to agree with but I can see the reason for it. There are a few exceptions on this site as to the amount of gun posts, but most forums will have little turn over.

They can be dealt with by following a simple rule, "Don't feed the trolls." Ignore them and they'll go away.

Keep sparing with them and they'll infest the forum forever.

mike9905
08-17-2017, 07:32
Please help me out. I don't live on Jouster but I check in almost every day. Never had a problem with anyone on this site. Sounds like I missed a pretty good urinating contest. Can anyone clue me in?

dryheat
08-18-2017, 12:49
Please help me out. I don't live on Jouster but I check in almost every day. Never had a problem with anyone on this site. Sounds like I missed a pretty good urinating contest. Can anyone clue me in?

"From the mouths of babes". It may have seemed like normal sparring on the POLITICS page,but you weren't paying attention. It was an incursion by individuals from the opposing side; that would be semi-liberal, or even democrats who were erudite and tactful mostly. It was interesting, but it's all over now. Well, Togor and Sandpebbles can read their obits while they're still alive.