PDA

View Full Version : Winter 17-18

S.A. Boggs
08-03-2017, 10:09
What do think it will be in your A.O., any predications?
Sam

seagoatami
08-03-2017, 10:37
im thinking were gonna have a early winter, dont know if it will be a cold one or not. But here in s.carolina it will probably be a wet one, usually is as always sea

Bill D
08-03-2017, 04:54
Since Al Gore is out whipping the tree huggers into a frenzy over global warming. . . .again, I rather suspect this winter will be colder than usual. Just God's way of reminding Al who's really in charge.

Jiminvirginia
08-03-2017, 05:00
Because of Trump caused global warming we will be wearing shorts and sandles all winter.

In all seriousness the real predictguess wont happen for another couple of months.

leftyo
08-03-2017, 05:27
my wild guess is wicked cold!

JB White
08-03-2017, 06:01
I'm guessing since we had such a mild winter here last year, we're gonna pay double for it now. Maybe triple if Cook County figures out a way to tax snowfall.

S.A. Boggs
08-04-2017, 02:33
I'm guessing since we had such a mild winter here last year, we're gonna pay double for it now. Maybe triple if Cook County figures out a way to tax snowfall.
They could tax you again for snow removal. I.E. a "special" tax per vehicle.
Sam

jsaviano
08-04-2017, 04:39
The last guy I'd ask about the weather is Al Bore.

JB White
08-04-2017, 04:50
They could tax you again for snow removal. I.E. a "special" tax per vehicle.
Sam

They already do that with other things (ie. rubbish removal). That along with water was always a part of our property tax. Now they charge separately but never struck out the previous amounts on the tax bill. Only relabeled them. The list goes on. Snow removal is already incorporated into our annual city vehicle stickers. Which by the way has already at least quintupled since I began driving.

Stop giving them ideas, Sam. Should they get wind of this exchange it'll only make our bad winter worse! :eusa_shhh:

Sunray
08-05-2017, 10:20
"...wearing shorts and sandals all winter..." You make that sound like it'd be a bad thing.
Gore think Junior Trudeau is a saint. He's welcome to him. So is the American Media.
"...any predications?..." Colder and darker with piles of crystalized water all over everywhere and government failing to move it.

Jiminvirginia
08-05-2017, 07:23
"...wearing shorts and sandals all winter..." You make that sound like it'd be a bad thing.
Gore think Junior Trudeau is a saint. He's welcome to him. So is the American Media.
"...any predications?..." Colder and darker with piles of crystalized water all over everywhere and government failing to move it.

I like some snow to keep the water table up, and some cold to kill off some bugs. Will say this, would rather have thirty 4 inch snowfalls than one 30 inch snowfall.

aintright
08-06-2017, 04:07
Well hell , if we're gonna wish for weather , I would like it 40-50 through the day , high 20's at night and wet , snow or rain wouldn't matter , perfect hunting weather .
As for what we're going to get , who knows , one thing is sure , we will endure whatever it is .
Kenneth

TomSudz
08-06-2017, 10:03
I firmly believe that since we have been using electricity produced by burning carbon based fuels to power our air conditioners during this summer, the smoke from those facilities will partially block out the sun and cause it to get progressively cooler. As it get cooler, more and more people will begin to attempt to warm the interior of occupied structures. This will be accomplished by burning even more carbon based fuels in the attempt of heating the interiors of large numbers of structures- many by burning the fuels in individual buildings! Buildings using electric heat will use more power in heating than was required for cooling. This huge use of carbon based fuels will produce massive volumes of smoke containing greenhouse gasses which will then begin to trap heat in and cause the planet to warm. Then we're screwed because it's impossible for life to exist if the temperature goes above .003 percent of global averages.

Or something like that.

S.A. Boggs
08-09-2017, 02:17
Woke up to 50 degrees this morning, glad Wolf kept my toes warm. Shouldn't have this temp's for another 6 weeks.
Sam

PaFrank
08-13-2017, 04:44
Personally, I'm ready for a brutally cold winter... we haven't had one in so long, I'm considering moving North! A couple weeks of sub zero, or at least sub freezing weather would suit me just fine..

And have you ever noticed that your house is much warmer in the winter when you get 6-8" of snow? I enjoy that.