PDA

View Full Version : business as usual, Pt II

barretcreek
07-28-2017, 03:28
http://www.bettergov.org/news/journey-of-a-judges-gun-from-chicago-buyback-to-cicero-police-shooting

See, without gun registration we wouldn't have known. Well, we'd have known but couldn't prove it.

JB White
07-28-2017, 11:33
Gun buys = No questions asked. That means there is a third possibility.

1. It was stolen and used as a drop gun
2. It was stolen and sold on the streets
3. The gun was never turned in, but sold. Possibly sold many times. Records trace it to a 1977 purchase and "Last known owner". Suddenly it appears in a shooting 40 years later. "Gun Buyback" is a great cover especially since no receipts are given. No name on a cash card. And the statute of limitations has expired in regard to Illinois own requirements to maintain private sales/disposition records.

Cicero has always been a crooked little town.
Chicago has always hired crooks.
The Judge is no dummy and knows how to cover his six.

Clark Howard
07-29-2017, 05:15
And this is a surprise to whom? Shame on a police dept that lets a vintage Colt or S&W get destroyed. Regards, Clark

seagoatami
07-29-2017, 11:30
we see on TV every day how csi finds out who had which gun and who shot who by microscopic investigation such as if the perp. was carrying it it should have fibers from his pocket's material on it and if the cop was carrying it it should have his dna and fibers from his clothing. This we are led to believe is the norm for investigations. But when it comes to the truth it seems that the investigators are still in the stone age. kind of disheartening , at least to me. also we are led to believe that these guns are kept under lock and key by people who are responsible. My guns in my house are probably no .... positively safer than the police property locker. at least the people in my house are responsible citizens and can be trusted by me. Well I guess my rant is over as always sea