PDA

View Full Version : Good on ya

barretcreek
07-28-2017, 06:00
http://americanshootingjournal.com/joe-private-citizen-returns-police-grenade-launcher/

You Canucks are so honest. In L.A. someone would a kept it.

Allen
07-28-2017, 06:10
I would have returned it too but first I would have "test fired" it a few times to make sure it is safe for them.

JB White
07-28-2017, 07:11
When finding something like that there must be a $hitload of things going through the mind.

Can't leave it there for just anybody to pick up.
Can I stash it? To what end?
How do I report it?
Would I be linked to a robbery, a gang, a terrorist cell?
Would they (police) come and pick it up, or take me in along with it for questioning? <<<There's the big kicker!

Whenever I see a similar report about Joe Honest Citizen, I have to wonder what they went through prior to being determined as honest. Maybe it's because the local Police have been sued so often for letting Mr. Bad Hombre slip through their fingers (simple traffic stop) they NEVER take anything at face value anymore. If there is any connection at all you can be detained and scrutinized until cleared.

USMilitaryGuy
07-28-2017, 02:10
" It is also capable of shooting ammunition through glass and drywall."

Now - THAT is some serious firepower.

:icon_e_surprised:

S.A. Boggs
07-31-2017, 04:58
We don't have enough information to know what would have been the best thing to do. Had I seen it and recognized what it was, I would have not touched it and left the area post haste. If I picked it up before realizing what it was, I would pray my fingerprints weren't on it and run away. If I was seen touching it... I would call 911 and surrender to the first LEO that came along and hope 10 years in prison would not be a life sentence. Either way, if it were in the USA, most likely Joe Honest Citizen would wind up in jail, or would at the very least be responsible for $1,000's in legal fees. D
Depending on the AO, Red is correct...sad isn't it.
Sam

Allen
07-31-2017, 06:02
D
Depending on the AO, Red is correct...sad isn't it.
Sam

This extends into helping someone injured. If you don't help them you can be sued. If you do help them they can say you caused further injury and sue. Our laws sometimes make us less than a human when we can get arrested, fined, jailed or sued for trying to do the right thing and causing us to just walk away.

JB White
08-01-2017, 05:59
Some states have a 'good Samaritan law' to cover those assisting the injured. However, it still costs to defend yourself when sued and you still have to prove their life was in immediate danger. In other words, if the car isn't burning...don't help them get out.