PDA

View Full Version : Burning bad up here

Ken The Kanuck
07-10-2017, 02:54
I hope that you folks have it better where you are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-wildfires-evacuations-relief-1.4197826

KTK

Mark in Ottawa
07-10-2017, 03:42
Reminds me of Fort McMurray last year. Gotta love this country

blackhawknj
07-10-2017, 03:44
Bad fires in California again, looks like they're not over the Drought. Doesn't help that they built on desert and near-desert land.

JB White
07-10-2017, 04:10
I hope that you folks have it better where you are.

KTK

Holy crap! Looks like half the province is covered in smoke. Here I was only a few minutes ago nagging about our humidity. If I could send up a couple of our thunderstorms I would.

Roadkingtrax
07-10-2017, 04:38
Thunderstorms are part of the problem! :)

barretcreek
07-10-2017, 07:07
We have not had a major fire in this part of the state in decades. Mismanagement by the FS has resulted in a huge fuel load and beetle kill has made it worse. FS leaders in D.C. are more interested in blowing kisses at the enviros (Sue and Settle) than in sound practices.

Trucker had a flat coming down from the pass. Chewed up his rim and started a small fire. My neighbor is on the Vol. FD, he said the Feds are looking at charging him for it.

Hope you stay safe.

DRAGONFLYDF
07-10-2017, 08:44
And of course 2 of the best fire bombers are grounded, tell them to get the Martin Mars up and working.

m1ashooter
07-10-2017, 09:29
Prayers for all involved.

RED
07-11-2017, 04:43
Gosh, I am sorry that people choose to live in a flood plain in Missouri, or in the path of wild fires in the west. I regret that people choose to live in a below sea level area in New Orleans, I am sorry that people commit suicide by jumping off bridges, hanging themselves, swallowing a 45ACP slug, or over dosing with drugs.

But, that was their choice. They voluntarily put themselves at risk... but hard working middle class Americans are to blame and should pay for the losses?

My sisters health care premium is $3,000/month and her copays are crazy. Yet the togors of the world are fine with that as long as their friends, the illegal immigrants, get their health care for free.

Jiminvirginia
07-11-2017, 05:07
From fire to healthcare. RED I am slightly curious as to how your sisters healthcare premium is $3000/month.

Ken The Kanuck
07-11-2017, 05:16
Red,

A disaster can strike anywhere. Hopefully nothing happens to you or anyone who posts here.

KTK

RED
07-13-2017, 09:58
From fire to healthcare. RED I am slightly curious as to how your sisters healthcare premium is $3000/month.

I cannot answer that question... that's what she told me. I suspect that the higher your pay grade the more you pay. She has been with Wal Mart for 40 years. At one time her net worth put her over the millionaire mark. I once saw a $188,000 bonus check. But that was when she was a District Manager and supervising 7 Wal-Mart Superstores in the northeast. Then there was the accident... She and her husband were going back home after attending my wife's funeral and they were T-boned by a drunk driver. He suffered a traumatic brain injury, and she had major injuries including a ruptured spleen. Their losses have been astronautical... Today she is paying $4,000 a month for caretakers for her invalid bed ridden husband. They have no long term nursing coverage. She is now a assistant manager at a neighborhood market and has to keep working so her husband will have health insurance. That is the short story, it would take more time and space to explain it thoroughly. Suffice to say that her premiums have tripled and her copays are ridiculous.

Vern Humphrey
07-14-2017, 01:31
I have several friends whose payments and co-payments are so high that they effectively have no healthcare.