PDA

View Full Version : some questions about my 1903A3

springshooter
04-11-2017, 09:08
I have a 1903A3 that I took in a trade. it has been sporterized and rechambered to .308 Norma Magnum. when the safety is on the bolt can be lifted and the safety is deactivated. I have found out that somebody "worked" on the trigger to smooth out the two stage trigger pull. I tried a bolt out of another 03A3 I have and the safety works correctly. I am thinking that the bolt needs replaced. if so I will most likely rebarrel the rifle and put a timney trigger in. any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

springshooter

Sunray
04-11-2017, 10:02
Likely has a different bolt now or the Norma Mag bolt has been heavily modified. The .308 Norma is a belted magnum with a .530" case head diameter. That bolt was most likely heavily modified.
You cannot just use a different bolt without fitting for headspace either. Mind you, if you plan on rebarreling anyway, that gets done as part of the rebarreling.
Rebarreling would be a really good idea. .308 Norma ammo starts at $84.99 per 20.

springshooter
04-11-2017, 10:29
sunray,
yes I agree the bolt has been modified and no way was I going to shoot that thing the way it was. ill just get a bolt and have it rebarreled. thanks for the confirmation.

Cosine26
04-11-2017, 11:51
Receiver rails were probably modified to insure proper feeding from magazine for Magnum cartridge.