PDA

View Full Version : Re: G&H Springfield 1903 from Michael Petrov's Collection Sold

The Wolf
04-02-2017, 05:27
Looks like one of the custom G&H Springfield 1903's from Michael Petrov's collection sold on Gunbroker for $5,525.00!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/630648440

Best Regards from Virginia,

Chris

John Beard
04-02-2017, 06:06
Thanks for sharing.

I hope the proceeds go to Michael's family.

J.B.

Rick the Librarian
04-02-2017, 06:18
I agree - a beautiful rifle.

gnoahhh
04-04-2017, 07:23
Thanks for sharing.

I hope the proceeds go to Michael's family.

J.B.

But if the gun was bought from Michael's collection back when it was sold off after his passing, why should the proceeds from a subsequent sale go to Michael's family?

John Beard
04-04-2017, 07:40
But if the gun was bought from Michael's collection back when it was sold off after his passing, why should the proceeds from a subsequent sale go to Michael's family?

I just assumed that the seller was someone representing Michael's family. If not, then the proceeds are his.

J.B.

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
04-14-2017, 06:32
A beautiful rifle indeed. It would be hard to hunt with it, as I would be afraid it would get scratched. I miss Michael's posts.

BryanJ
04-14-2017, 06:51
I hate to ask this question, but I will ask it anyway with the hope of learning something that I did not know. I'm am not familiar with Michael Petrov, please explaiin?

Rick the Librarian
04-15-2017, 06:30
Michael was an advanced collector of those M1903s that were built up or converted by classic gunsmiths, especially before the Second World War. He had a beautiful collection and his pictures just about made me drool over my keyboard looking at them. He literally "wrote the book" about them, authoring two books on these early gunmakers.

Besides that, he was more than glad to share his knowledge. I purchased a Griffin & Howe-modified NRA Sporter a few years back and he spent email and even phone calls, helping me to discover what I had.

I miss being able to consult him - he was very knowledgeable and a great guy to book. He passed away a couple of years ago.

rebound
04-15-2017, 08:31
Michael was an advanced collector of those M1903s that were built up or converted by classic gunsmiths, especially before the Second World War. He had a beautiful collection and his pictures just about made me drool over my keyboard looking at them. He literally "wrote the book" about them, authoring two books on these early gunmakers.

Besides that, he was more than glad to share his knowledge. I purchased a Griffin & Howe-modified NRA Sporter a few years back and he spent email and even phone calls, helping me to discover what I had.

I miss being able to consult him - he was very knowledgeable and a great guy to book. He passed away a couple of years ago.

The good die young..