PDA

View Full Version : Hacksaw Ridge

tmark
11-07-2016, 07:39
Saw Hacksaw Ridge in the movie house on Sunday. What terrific action scenes. Another movie based on a true story showing actual soldiers who took part in this fantastic movie. The medic in question surely had super human qualities to accomplish what he did.

You won't be disappointed.

Griff Murphey
11-20-2016, 10:06
It's very good. My wife went with me and despite the trademark Mel Gibson guts and gore she liked it. It really engages the viewer. Great casting. It was shot in Australia and most of the actors were Aussies but I heard no Aussie accents. Guns were good, but no reloading which always bothers me. A guy empties a BAR then is still shooting the next instant. Personal peeve of mine. At one point Doss dives into a spider hole trying to escape a group of Japs. He dodges a grenade then E and E's his way through a Japanese tunnel complex, passing shoulder to shoulder with them in the shadows, at one point giving aid to a stunned Japanese wounded. Maybe a little over the top there or maybe not. In the Fort Jackson basic training part some troops march by with a bit too much arm swing for the US. I can't help trying to nit-pick as most war movies are so goofy wrong or at least they were until recently. Very few nits to pick here. One nice thing they included were films of Doss getting his MOH from Truman and they also had interviews with Doss, his brother Hal, and Doss's company commander which were made about ten years ago.

Dienekes
11-25-2016, 05:03
Just saw it. Very intense. Definitely not for kids IMHO.