PDA

View Full Version : More Remington handguard questions

BEAR
10-25-2016, 09:29
I know I am probably boring most of you with my questions but I press on.

1. Are the Remington 03 handguards exact copies of the Rock Island handguards since the same machinery was used?

2. If they are the same, how can I tell the difference considering there were no identification stamps and Rock Island did not use a fixturing slot?

3. Is Remington the only manufacturer that uses the wide relief cut for the front clip. (This answer probably answers #2 also)

Slightly off topic:

4. Is the "Booher Woodworking Co" of Camden, NY a WW2 or pre-WW2 supplier of 1903 handguards?

TIA

BEAR

Emri
10-26-2016, 06:29
One way to tell a Remington handguard is the sighting groove. Remingtons are wider than SA and RIA.

John Beard
10-26-2016, 08:23
I know I am probably boring most of you with my questions but I press on.

1. Are the Remington 03 handguards exact copies of the Rock Island handguards since the same machinery was used?

2. If they are the same, how can I tell the difference considering there were no identification stamps and Rock Island did not use a fixturing slot?

3. Is Remington the only manufacturer that uses the wide relief cut for the front clip. (This answer probably answers #2 also)

Slightly off topic:

4. Is the "Booher Woodworking Co" of Camden, NY a WW2 or pre-WW2 supplier of 1903 handguards?

TIA

BEAR
Answers are as follows:

(1) No.

(2) Rock Island handguards have no 1" wide relief cut for the front clip.

(3) No.

(4) WWII supplier.

J.B.

BEAR
10-26-2016, 09:28
Again Mr. Beard and to Emri, thank you.

BEAR