PDA

View Full Version : Slide Stuck Problem Fixed..........

Aligater
09-13-2016, 09:50
The slide on my new 1911 (mfg. 1913) stuck halfway and wouldn't budge either way....I was told to drive the slide rearward with a rubber mallet....good, that worked. Still don't know what caused it.....but, more importantly, is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again....thanks.

SMOKEY
09-13-2016, 11:57
Did you break it down and give it a through cleaning before firing the first time and lubing correctly. Possibly a piece of metal from the milling process could have stuck in the slide rails. Only guessing. Did you look at the end of the casing to see if maybe a piece of the brass or primer may have broken off.

Aligater
09-13-2016, 01:59
I've never fired it...mfg. 1914 with a 5 digit serial number...99% Army Black Finish....I think I may keep it just to look at, or sell it if I get a good offer.

blackhawknj
09-13-2016, 03:26
My Colt Mark IV locked up on me a few years ago, I ended up disassembling it practically to the bare receiver, found out debris had built up in the trigger channel. A thorough-and overdue-cleaning-restored it. Perhaps a good dose of spray followed by a good soaking will do it.