PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pop Ups With This Site

m1ashooter
08-28-2016, 07:34
Hi

This just started happening and its only on this site. I go to new posts and I get security tacking pop ups. Now I'm getting F@@k free pop ups. Its only on this site. Any ideas. I've run Malware bytes and its not finding anything?

Dan Shapiro
08-29-2016, 06:28
Problem was fixed a couple of days ago. You need to clear out your browser's cache (cookies) and the problem will disappear.

PhillipM
08-29-2016, 10:19
I use the Google browser Chrome and have had no issues whatsoever. I would never use Explorer because it's so easily riddled with viruses.

clintonhater
08-30-2016, 12:44
Problem was fixed a couple of days ago. You need to clear out your browser's cache (cookies) and the problem will disappear.

I started to do this, but when warned that all my passwords (which I can't remember!) would be deleted, I balked. So I changed by pop-up blocker setting to "maximum," and it seems to be working, as for the first time since the hack-attack, I'm able to access the site without being diverted to another site.

Rick the Librarian
09-07-2016, 12:49
I'm getting something every time I click on ANYTHING on Jouster. Onclickads.net - a blank screen shows up. Help!

jon_norstog
09-07-2016, 02:06
I'm getting all that stuff too.

jn

PhillipM
09-07-2016, 08:50
Switch to CHROME.
This site has been running fine for me.

clintonhater
09-07-2016, 10:08
Switch to CHROME.
This site has been running fine for me.

BUT it's also running fine for me on stock Internet Explorer. (After I reset the pop-up blocker, that is.)

My computer guru swears by Firefox, but I'm afraid to make major changes when I don't know what to expect.

jon_norstog
09-07-2016, 10:09
I selectively cleaned out all my cookies except the ones I knew held passwords. No joy there. there is something hacked about Jouster at this time. Watever you do, do **not** click n any of the pages/links that come up!

jn

clintonhater
09-07-2016, 10:12
I selectively cleaned out all my cookies except the ones I knew held passwords. No joy there.

jn

Didn't even know it could be done selectively--thought it was all or none, which is why I didn't try it.

PhillipM
09-08-2016, 01:45
BUT it's also running fine for me on stock Internet Explorer. (After I reset the pop-up blocker, that is.)

My computer guru swears by Firefox, but I'm afraid to make major changes when I don't know what to expect.

It's not like you have to give one up to use the other. I have Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome on my computers. All you would have to do is enter your username and password as a one time deal.

Explorer is the most popular browser because it comes pre loaded on new computers, so that's the program the scum write viruses for the most.

Rick the Librarian
09-09-2016, 05:02
For whatever reason, the pop-ups finally ceased last night. Don't know why, but glad they finally did!!

Merc
10-13-2016, 06:54
My IPad was attacked by one of the jousters pop-ups and was totally locked-up by Apple. I had to buy a $35 "Ap" over the phone from someone from India to clear the attack and restore functionality. It took nearly 2 hours to accomplish due to the language barrier.