PDA

View Full Version : White Tiger - Russki 2012 film

Griff Murphey
08-13-2016, 10:42
I have seen bits and pieces of it on YouTube and I think it might be the best tank film ever made. It's about one Red Army tank driver's obsession with a Tiger that seems to have almost supernatural powers. As hinky as the plot may be the film is convincing - I would like to hear an opinion from anyone who has watched the whole film.

Ken The Kanuck
08-13-2016, 11:26
I recently read a book on Siberian tigers in the kamchatka pennisula. The people there and many of them had served in the Russian military feel that the tiger is capable of remembering those who have harmed it and those who have not. The ones who have harmed the tiger will in the tiger's radar as long as the tiger lives.

Remarkable animal, grizzly bears are one of their prey.

If you want to know the name of the book I will ask my buddy who lent me the book but I returned it to him.

KTK

S.A. Boggs
08-13-2016, 04:24
I have seen bits and pieces of it on YouTube and I think it might be the best tank film ever made. It's about one Red Army tank driver's obsession with a Tiger that seems to have almost supernatural powers. As hinky as the plot may be the film is convincing - I would like to hear an opinion from anyone who has watched the whole film.
I have seen the whole movie and it is really good, but weird ending. Well worth watching from the Russian side.
Sam

TSimonetti
11-04-2016, 09:26
Interesting storyline, and most of all the movie works because the mythical/supernatural nature of the Tiger Tank gave the writer and director artistic license to fall well short on realism and historical accuracy.

Best tanks in movies? Not sure about picking just one... I liked "Sahara" and "Band of Brothers" and "A Bridge Too Far" for entertainment. "Fury" definitely had it's moments, so did "Saving Private Ryan", and believe it or not so did "Kelly's Heroes". One of the best for T-34's on the Eastern Front is "Cross of Iron".

Worst Tank and Worst WW2 movie of all time?
Battle of the Bulge, hands down

Would love to see a remake of BOB, but this time done right.

Allen
11-05-2016, 06:20
Don't know much about tanks but my son used to work at a zoo. This is my wife feeding a young male blue eyed white Bengal tiger. The second shot is of a zookeeper with the same cat.

TSimonetti
11-08-2016, 12:24
Don't know much about tanks but my son used to work at a zoo. This is my wife feeding a young male blue eyed white Bengal tiger. The second shot is of a zookeeper with the same cat.

They're so beautiful. Then they kill you.

M1Tommy
11-08-2016, 10:02
I watched the movie. IMO, the version in Russian and English subtitles is the best.
The movie is a head game, definitely.

My USAF son and I started it, but he got a call and left to go out (on leave nowadays). He is taking it back with him.

Tommy