PDA

View Full Version : J.W. Fecker scope

Benny
08-12-2016, 07:00
Need info on a J.W. Fecker rifle scope I just bought. It is fairly old, 26" long with the aluminum end caps, optics are good and is in good condition. Under the name is 12056 which I take to be the serial # It has the mounts on it with the Fecker name on them. It came off a Win. model 52. I am looking for info and a value as I plan to sell it when I have finished my information gathering. Thanks.

clintonhater
08-16-2016, 01:49
That ser. no. should put it about 1930, or before. Most important determinant of value is objective size--1-1/2" or better is the most desirable, but those weren't available until much later. How exactly is it marked?

Benny
08-18-2016, 03:18
On the right end of the scope with the larger part to the left are two rings. The second ring is held in place by 2 screws and the ring has the # 10 on it. To the left of that, around 10'" is a collar with hash marks on it, with numbers going from 0 to 12 in increments of 2. About 1/2 " past that is another ring then a smooth area about 3/4" wide with two screws in it. At the end of the smooth area is another ring and then a threaded area about 3/8" wide. This part of the scope is like a " bluge" compared to the rest of the diameter of the scope. After this area is a spring with collars at both ends.