PDA

View Full Version : Time to re-think

Mark Daiute
07-09-2016, 11:12
There's a seller on Ebay that I have bought a fair number of parts from over the years.

Looks to me like he has just parted out a perfectly fine rifle.

Maybe I'm not being fair but parts up for sale look fine and like they all came from the same rifle, not a bubba'd rifle but a whole, intact rifle.

Time for me to re-asses the dealers I buy from.

But hey, that's me.

Mark

Fred
07-09-2016, 01:36
That might be the same 92/96 conversion rifle that I saw parted out, including the stock and hand guard.

5MadFarmers
07-09-2016, 08:20
When something commands more as parts than entire there will be those using the opportunity to make some money.

The only reason it doesn't happen with cars is they simply don't buy the ones they turn into parts...

Regardless of the no investment cost in that second example, the same rule holds true for both: if you're going to start banging guns together you're betting off buying intact donors. Same for cars. Parts cars. Parts guns.

====

For some years now I've noticed what can only be called "a reassembly operation" for Krags. Makes me wonder how profitable it is. Must be as it's been going on for some time.

PhillipM
07-10-2016, 02:12
When something commands more as parts than entire there will be those using the opportunity to make some money.

The only reason it doesn't happen with cars is they simply don't buy the ones they turn into parts...

Regardless of the no investment cost in that second example, the same rule holds true for both: if you're going to start banging guns together you're betting off buying intact donors. Same for cars. Parts cars. Parts guns.

====

For some years now I've noticed what can only be called "a reassembly operation" for Krags. Makes me wonder how profitable it is. Must be as it's been going on for some time.

Correctors. Never liked them.