PDA

View Full Version : Got a S&W 5 screw @ auction.

joem
06-17-2016, 06:30
I won a S&W 5 screw NYPD at auction. It looks like it could use a little touch up on the bluing and I'll take care of that when it gets here. $290.00 shipped. I'm hoping I got a OK deal.

Allen
06-17-2016, 06:41
Even if it has no bluing you stole it. You probably already know this but liquid cold blue works very well IF you follow instructions otherwise you end up with a pile of rust. Congrats !!!

Johnny P
06-17-2016, 02:36
Putting cold blue on a worn pistol is like putting more makeup on an old woman. The results are never as good as the expectations, especially in good light.

joem
06-18-2016, 06:19
I have touched up a few with cold blue. Seems to hold up fairly good. If this pistol is in really good condition I'll dismantle it and have the parts hot blued. I love model 10's and have several. One of my favorite guns to shoot. My best shooter is a 10-5 that shots POA with 158 gr SWC.

joem
06-25-2016, 07:25
It arrived yesterday. I'm more then pleased. It looks like it has been shot very little. Trigger pull is quite heavy and I may work on that. The trigger serrated and the front site is slightly different then my others. Over all I think it's was a good deal.

joem
06-26-2016, 03:23
I tried it out today. Locks up tight and shoots POA. You need to take a fine sight with the front blade exactly at the top of the V rear sight. A friend tried it out and his results were the same as mine.