PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Lemming
05-29-2016, 07:13
Was perusing GB and saw this 1M Garand.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/560554200

Pretty nice I thought as I looked at the photos. I moved to a photo of the floorplate of the trigger housing and noticed there were numbers stamped (not electro-penciled) on it. Then I realized it was the rifle's serial number. Found the last 3 of SN also stamped into the stock just behind the receiver heel. Didn't see SN anywhere else but there were only 10 photos in listing. The photo of receiver heel looks like it might be bedded but it's hard to tell. The only description in listing is "For Sale: Springfield M1 Garand. 30-06. Nice gun. No numbers on bbl." Hmmm. I suppose it could be a built up match rifle with a commercial barrel and owner or builder decided to add the stampings.

Never saw this before and wondering if anyone else has. Had to laugh a bit; made me think about Sellers saying an M1 has matching numbers. I don't think this is the case here as the Seller does not make any such claim. Anyway, hope to learn something new if possible.

Chaz
05-31-2016, 08:50
I have seen a lot of M1s but never seen such numbers on trigger housing.

Lemming
06-01-2016, 04:50
Hey Chaz, thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree, I've been around the world and to 2 County Fairs and I've never seen that before. I been wondering if any other parts are also stamped with SN. With only 10 photos and no disassembly to show internals there's no way to tell from the listing.

barretcreek
06-01-2016, 05:34
Mus' be an illegal immigrant with forged ID.