PDA

View Full Version : Colt SAA 1 of 250

IditarodJoe
04-04-2016, 02:46
Folks, a friend could use some guidance. My neighbor has asked for advice in selling a revolver left to him by his father. The item in question is a Limited Edition Buffalo Bill Historical Center Colt Single Action Army Revolver, 1 of 250. It's heavily engraved, finished in gold and silver, has probably rarely been removed from it's leather custom shop case and still has the factory security band on the trigger. From what I can gather, this is a fairly high-end collectable and would appeal to a rather specialized group of buyers. I'm not sure what direction to point him in . . . any suggestions?

joem
04-05-2016, 07:21
Maybe the best bet would be a auction site where it gets nation wide coverage. Might pick up pick up buyers all over the country.

IditarodJoe
04-05-2016, 09:20
Thanks joem. That's my dilemma. An internet auction site like Gunbroker is lower cost and certainly puts the item in front of a lot more people, but probably only a tiny percentage of are potential buyers. On the other hand, I would think a high end auction house like James Julia would attract a larger concentration of perspective buyers (and potentially a higher price) but the associated costs can be pretty high. Guess I'll just describe his options to him and leave it at that.

Johnny P
04-05-2016, 04:21
If you want to search the internet, several have come up for sale at the larger auction houses. Commemoratives have a limited market, so an auction house would probably bring the most money even with their charge for selling it.