PDA

View Full Version : Acessory kit real of fake?

Richard H Brown Jr
02-24-2016, 08:31
Greetings:

Went foraging for parts for the 03 and A3 at Sarco web site, and saw this and ordered it for my pair, along with their a put away kit, so I'd have a few important spare bits.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/springfield-rifle-accessory-set.aspx

Did a quick wipe down of the 03, and found the striker was a bit out of shape at the tip.

Any of you master collectors know if this a *real* accessory kit that would have been carried? All the parts look standard 03/03-A3 parts, but I'm wondering about the canvas roll up.

I'd really like to get either an original or reproduction wood spares carrier that went with the 03. but I've never seen them for sale anywhere.

RHB

GWS
02-25-2016, 04:20
I've never seen a "parts roll kit" like this for the '03 by the military. Seems to me like something they put together, not an entirely bad thing, just not a real issued item. The early wood spare parts containers were discontinued sometime in the 1920's as it was found the parts they contained did not break very often. I have both a original spare parts container and numerous cleaning kits for my '03's plus several spare parts for each. I'll send you a PM.

John Beard
02-25-2016, 08:43
I concur with GWS. I'm not aware of a parts roll kit, although I can't rule out the possibility that such a kit might exist. I note that the pouches in the "kit" do not seem properly fitted for the parts they allegedly contain. If the truth be known, the pouch probably held a tool kit of some description.

Hope this helps.

J.B.