PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Guamsst?

wayne
02-16-2016, 01:54
Haven't seen any post by him lately. Anyone know?

SMOKEY
02-16-2016, 02:35
No sir. Like most sites, people come and people go. Sad that some of the interesting ones have slid into the shadows. But remember we still have goo.

dave
02-16-2016, 02:54
Goo? oh the 'stand up comic in residence'! Thank God for humor, this country sure needs it!

psteinmayer
02-16-2016, 03:55
I saw Guamsst post on here a few weeks ago... but he may be on vacation or something. I'm sure he'll be back soon enough!

PhillipM
02-16-2016, 05:45
I wondered the same a while back and saw where he got pissed about not believing in space critters or some such and after that he grabbed his marbles and went home.

I miss him too. His knowledge of Japanese artifacts is encyclopedic.

psteinmayer
02-17-2016, 04:28
Amen to that Phillip!

Griff Murphey
02-17-2016, 12:56
He moved from Baird near Abilene to East Texas, not sure where exactly. I know he was disillusioned with the Fort Worth gun show.

Griff Murphey
02-19-2016, 04:12
I just received a nice, newsy email from him, he says he is still buying every bit of Japanese militaria in sight he can get his hands on, they are moved to East Texas, remodeling a house. His killer pit bull chased down a feral cat and the cat had kittens so his dog now owns three cats. He puts down his lack of communication to the fact that he was still on ACDU when he did a lot of his CSP posting, now it's just hard for him to find the time. His wife is busy sewing and with the new house remodeling. So sounds like all is well. Not sure what town he's in he did nit remind me and I have forgotten. My guess is you might run into him at Some of the gun shows. But nit Fort Worth's.

psteinmayer
02-19-2016, 04:32
Glad to know he's doing well. As many have expressed, we miss him on here! His insight and knowledge are invaluable. Add to that... he's a pretty good guy too!

Guamsst
02-24-2016, 06:58
Been busy doing nothing. I didn't take my marbles anywhere, I lost most of them years ago. If anyone thinks I left because of a disagreement they weren't keeping up with me in the first place.

I'm out near Nacogdoches now. We have fairly terrible interwebs here and I am no longer confined to a desk by the Chair Force. I basically got out of the habit of posting here and never got back into it.

I am going to try to make an effort to at least keep up with the Arisaka forum here. I tried joining a militaria forum at a friends insistence a few weeks ago. Received a lifetime ban within a couple of hours because apparently one of their moderators is a thin skinned menopausal woman.....lol

I am still doing the Ft Worth gun show, but only the Lone Star one. Sometimes they have shows there two weekends in a row. I can't do that many shows in one spot. Not like they ship in a different public.

Thanks for asking and thanks to Griff for getting a hold of me.

PhillipM
02-25-2016, 12:00
It's great to have you back, you have been missed!

I wasn't keeping up with you, just spitballing.

psteinmayer
02-25-2016, 10:19
Glad to see ya back Guamsst! Ya got to avoid those "Thin skinned menopausal women," LOL

Guamsst
02-25-2016, 11:49
Ya got to avoid those "Thin skinned menopausal women," LOL

I've always said one of the things I like about CSP is the lack of moderators who act like they are God of the interwebs, and members who can handle comments that may not make them entirely happy....lol

Hecklerusp45
02-25-2016, 01:40
Good to have you back Guamsst, and just in time. Check my post from today about the swords. One looks jap, let me know what you think of it.