PDA

View Full Version : windham weaponry AR-15 pin ???

Weez556
01-29-2016, 09:26
I pick up a very gently use WW-15 M-4 type. Anybody have a Windham ? Have not had it to range yet very happy with all the fit and finish. The only thing I have a problem with is the firing pin retaining pin. I think it is slightly smaller than a G.I. spec . It is all so hard to get back in place after field striping . Tried another pin and it will not work. Anybody have a WW-15 and notice this ? Thanks

Litt'le Lee
01-30-2016, 08:04
rotating while pushing works for me--there's a place where they will usually slip in-take a flashlight and look inside the carrier--you can see what's going on in there--if it's not engaging the hole,,then it can't go in--also you can massage it a
little to straighten it out with a hammer

Weez556
02-04-2016, 07:01
Yea I have a lot of experience with AR's M-16 M-4s after 20 years VaARNG had my 1st AR before I joined the NG. Shot service rifle some and rifle team in NG. But I have never dealt with a firing pin retaining pin this much of a pain. If I put a GI spec pin in it it will stick out just far enough to not let the bolt carrier slide into the upper. I may try and post photos of differance in pin size and recess for pin in bolt carrier. Just wonder if this is a Windham thing or just after market bolt carrier they use not GI spec. Thanks

Weez556
02-04-2016, 08:49
I called Windham they asked the set.# and said yes they did have some pins in the time my rifle was made that were tricky. The leading edge of the pins were cut to squared not tapered. They right away asked for my info to send me a new pin.
I like that kind of service. Thanks Windham