PDA

View Full Version : WRA M1917 scope

blocker
01-27-2016, 02:35
I am positive this has been hashed over before, But. I have a WRA M1917 that I would like to install a scope for target shooting and general (deer) hunting. I DO NOT want to make any changes, so the scope mount would have to mount up high (I think). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much.

kcw
01-28-2016, 07:20
I am positive this has been hashed over before, But. I have a WRA M1917 that I would like to install a scope for target shooting and general (deer) hunting. I DO NOT want to make any changes, so the scope mount would have to mount up high (I think). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much.

Take a look at the S&K Insta-Mount setup for the M1917. Looks like you just remove the rear sight and fit the mount onto the flat between the protective "ears" using the existing screw hole. The one review that I saw said that the user had to file a little bit off the aluminum mount in order to get it to fit into that space but there's nothing wrong with doing that. They probably make them a couple thousands oversize . The idea would be to customize it to fit snugly between the ears on your rifle so as to stabilize it securely using the available screw hole already in the receiver..

RC20
01-30-2016, 11:11
They work as advertised. I have one I have moved around on 3 rifles now (E and R, not a W)

Only downside is your sight is so height that you don't have a cheek rest, your head floats above the stock.

If its enough to bother you could pad it enough to do the job.

blocker
01-30-2016, 01:37
Guys, thanks much for the info. RC20, what sort of scope are you using? Been looking for retro models and can't find anything that suits me. That scope mount sure looks promising. Want to stay with the 'old timey' look and not need a second mortgage for the scope!!