PDA

View Full Version : model 1922 M2 magazine spring issue

Jeff L
12-30-2015, 07:50
I noticed today the spring has pushed back at the bottom and does not follow the slot like the other ones. As a result, it won't accepty all 5 rounds. Is there a way to disassemble it to adjust the spring placement? Thanks in advance.

Kragrifle
12-31-2015, 06:09
You can carefully tap out the floor plate of the magazine from right to left looking at it from the bottom. This will let you disassemble the magazine in order to attempt a fix. Mind you I have not had to do this personally but it is the way to do it.

Herschel
01-01-2016, 10:31
Here is a quote from War Department Technical TM 9-280, Caliber .22 Rifles, All Types, dated 10 March 1944. "Paragraph 9. MAGAZINE ASSEMBLY ....b. The magazine assembly includes the magazine tube, the magazine base, magazine spring, and magazine follower (fig. 29). c. The magazine tube is a permanent assembly and no attempt should ever be made to take it apart." End of quote. It can be taken apart as I have one in which the floorplate was reinstalled upside down. I have had M2 magazines that would only accept four rounds. I tried, without success, to manipulate the spring without disassembling the magazine. I would recommend that you just accept it as a four round magazine.

Jeff L
01-01-2016, 11:05
Sound advice. I could just imagine trying dismantle it: tap, tap, tap....ping! The spring ends up somewhere in my cluttered garage. :evil6:

I had another issue at the range yesterday, the magazines were a bit stubborn ejecting. To add to the enjoyment, it was cold at the range and my fingers weren't happy with me. Any advice on the ejection? I added a few drops of oil in the mag well, but that didn't seem to help.