PDA

View Full Version : Win. trigger grd. / mag. box. ?

FCPDAVE
12-22-2015, 06:22
Hi,
I believe that I read that a Win. trig. grd. needs a Win. mag. box, not being compatible with Enfield or Rem. T or F? I bought a Win. pair that was adv. as Win. but when cleaned, turned out to be Rem.My mostly Win. P17 came with the Enfield TG and box. Now I have a Win. TG, but can't find a reasonable priced mag. box. Think I can tweak the En. or Rem. mag. box to fit?
Thanks,
Dave

jaie5070
12-23-2015, 04:23
There was some question about some parts interchangeability with the early winchester rifles. You shouldn't have any problem using an eddystone or remmington magazine box in your winchester unless you happen to have a P-14 trigger guard and mag box. Those are different than the 1917 parts.
john

Stephan
01-30-2016, 09:30
I was just taking my Eddystone M1917 apart this morning...has a minor stock crack I'm going to repair.

Anyhow my 1917 has a Winchester stock and triggerguard..an Eddystone floorplate-latch(in triggerguard)...a Remington floorplate....Remington mag-box...and a Winchester follower. All seems to fit together nice..and the rifle feeds/runs perfectly. The parts interchangeability issues seemingly a non-issue.