09-21-2015, 01:05
On No.4 Mk1s?
Steve

bruce
09-21-2015, 05:24
Deans Gun Restorations does excellent work. http://www.dgrguns.com/

leftyo
09-21-2015, 06:41
DGR will parkerize the heck out of it for you. im personally of the opinion that if it wasnt originally parkerized, it should not be done to it later.

M1Garandy
09-21-2015, 06:42
BDL Ltd might.

S.B.
09-21-2015, 08:06
I thought I checked with both Dean's and Brian Dick and both said no?
Steve

chuckindenver
09-23-2015, 09:14
depending on what you want... i do.. as well as im one of the barrel dealers as well

S.B.
09-23-2015, 10:14
chuckindenver, Both metal and wood. Would prefer metal done just as issue if possible if no, then parkarized?
Please give me a link if you have one? Or perhaps just a estimate price.
Steve

chuckindenver
09-24-2015, 02:44
http://criterionbarrels.com/media/warpath_vintage_llc

S.B.
09-24-2015, 08:20
Thank you. cnd. I'll email you.
Steve

Garden Valley
09-28-2015, 01:30
Do it yourself with Aluma-Hyde matte black. Looks just like Suncorite after curing and a wipe with an oily cloth.

JB White
10-02-2015, 10:17
Do it yourself with Aluma-Hyde matte black. Looks just like Suncorite after curing and a wipe with an oily cloth.

Beg to differ. I've used it on a few guns and other things which call for a durable finish. Aluma Hyde looks more like park with a fine textured finish whereas Suncorite is smoother. A naturally smooth finish which we often see on black pipe etc.
Drawback with AH is (after application) is total cure time can take almost a year for a truly tough painted finish. Also, some solvents can lift the finish off in sheets.
Therefore, cleaning products we use as shortcuts such as Gun Scrubber or brake parts cleaner etc are to be avoided.
Should that happen, touch-ups are not really in order as the epoxy will show/telegraph the area affected. For an eye appealing job we're talking another strip, prep, and application new from scratch.

Aluma-Hyde is great for older knock-around guns and shortcut refinishes. However a true long lasting finish should be done the "old fashioned way" from the get-go.

Just my experience and opinion formed from it.

*added* Forgot to mention... For a Suncorite appearance the Weber BBQ grill paint looks closer than Aluma Hyde. That needs to be baked after application and is still not as durable as most Suncorite formulas.