PDA

View Full Version : Interesting M44 scope mount

PaFrank
09-12-2015, 03:36
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=506667130

Emri
09-12-2015, 06:27
Someone DID spend a bit of time on that mount. Looks very professional and well done.

That sellers wife must be quite a gal. I can't get away with any dead/stuffed animal mounts in my house, but a porcupine in the dining room ??? Must be a chore keeping THAT thing dusted !!

dave
09-12-2015, 12:01
Kind of dumb and ugly when you can buy a mount from vic@havlinsales, about 25-30 bucks. Made of aluminum, D&T for original drilled scope holes, accommodates 1" rings. He used the peep sight holes so maybe CMP rifle was not D&T for scope, only some were. But he could have had that done for a much neater look!

Dick Hosmer
09-12-2015, 12:18
I'm guessing the mount is worth more than the gun, which has been trashed.

dave
09-13-2015, 09:19
I am a Mossberg .22 rifle collector. Some early and some late contract 44US were D&T for scopes. All Mossberg commercial rifle were. Some early ones made for the Govn. were D&T as parts came off the self and late models were because civilian production (end of war) was at hand. Some contracts were cancelled in 1943. So there are some CMP rifle which are D&T. The serial numbers would not tell if a fake unless squarely in the middle of the pack. So I would disagree the rifle is 'trashed', its still a good shooter, but yes for a military collector it is. I do not own one but have two civilian models which have nice walnut stocks. I have no big interest in military trainers, consider them over priced.
The CMP rifles typically are asking 300-350, down from a few years back, while a civilian version runs from 100-150 less and has a nice walnut stock (If made after 1946)
Just my opinion of course!