PDA

View Full Version : No 4 scope mount

IditarodJoe
09-11-2015, 05:04
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good no-drill scope mount. A friend would like to try a scope on his No.4 Mk II but definitely doesn't want to make any permanent alterations. Any tips from "those who own one" would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

JB White
09-13-2015, 02:14
In the "those-who-own" category I used the Cad-Tech back when they were popular. Worked great on some but not others once I began moving it to other rifles. Minor drawbacks but easy to address.
Of the S&K and ATI mounts etc..those I know who use/used them do not post here. All I have is an eye witness account to offer.

Armalon or S&K mounts are probably the best out there now. Armalon being the best but more costly. S&K runs a close second with an easier impact on the wallet.

B-Square and the ATI mounts are hit-or-miss. Depends upon the tolerances of the individual rifle and both will likely need some sort of modification to fit properly. I have never heard a great feedback. Even those who boasted in the beginning but were honest enough to follow up later had something negative to say. Mods include filing, shimming and/or replacement of factory parts with something more stout from the hardware store. They can be made to work but are not typically a "set-and-forget" propostition.

IditarodJoe
09-14-2015, 07:13
Thanks JB. I passed that information along to my friend. Looking like at present S&K is probably the best balance between quality and value.

mack
09-14-2015, 08:41
S&K is easily the best in my humble opinion. I have had one on No.4 for over 40 years with a Weaver K 2.5 and it doesn't move. But I don't move I'd from one rifle to another.