PDA

View Full Version : CZ 452 safety issue?

GaryO
09-09-2015, 04:16
Yesterday I took delivery of a 452 Scout that I intend as a gift for my grandchild about 8 years down the road. It checks out OK so far except for the safety. On this rifle it is so stiff that even I find it difficult to manipulate. There is no way a child will be able to use this rifle if the safety won't work smoothly. So; my question is can I work on this rifle to smooth up the safety? What say you? Thanks...

da gimp
09-10-2015, 06:01
One of the reason's I urged you to buy the Marlin Papoose .22 for your kid, instead of this foreign built thing is that Marlin has an excellent record of customer satisfaction & gun repair at their factory ....... They also will send you new parts if you need them...More than likely they could tell you how to do it yourself.

Good luck on that repairing that foreign crap.. let's see, at worst case, you'll need an export license to send it back to them to fix it.. or hope they have a factory authorized shop here in the US... and if they have the parts needed to replace or fix your problem (doubtful)... if you are lucky.. they have one here... if not, you'll have to wait for them to hire one...I'd try & return it & get your money back...but I bet the shop you ordered it through won't let you return a special order rifle... they won't want it either... If it is a good dealer/shop.. they might have someone who can repair this new & essentially unusable rifle...for a price...

Good luck to you sir... this outfit ain't Browning, Beretta, Benelli or one of the better/best grade foreign manufacturers........

gwp
09-10-2015, 06:34
Here is the warranty info from their web page. http://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/

Many people think CZ manufactures good quality firearms.

GaryO
09-10-2015, 08:53
One of the reason's I urged you to buy the Marlin Papoose .22 for your kid, instead of this foreign built thing is that Marlin has an excellent record of customer satisfaction & gun repair at their factory ....... They also will send you new parts if you need them...More than likely they could tell you how to do it yourself.

Good luck on that repairing that foreign crap.. let's see, at worst case, you'll need an export license to send it back to them to fix it.. or hope they have a factory authorized shop here in the US... and if they have the parts needed to replace or fix your problem (doubtful)... if you are lucky.. they have one here... if not, you'll have to wait for them to hire one...I'd try & return it & get your money back...but I bet the shop you ordered it through won't let you return a special order rifle... they won't want it either... If it is a good dealer/shop.. they might have someone who can repair this new & essentially unusable rifle...for a price...

Good luck to you sir... this outfit ain't Browning, Beretta, Benelli or one of the better/best grade foreign manufacturers........

This is my third CZ and all are great rifles. Is your prejudice concerning this manufacture based on experience, or just blind ignorance? CZ cannot make them fast enough to supply the demand...

PhillipM
09-10-2015, 11:03
CZ 452's are very popular at my gun range. The silhouette shooters recommended I buy one.

Herschel
09-10-2015, 02:14
Several of my gun friends have CZ firearms. They consider them excellent and accurate rifles. I believe they are the best buy for the money.

I have never before heard of them being referred to as crap.

Jim in Salt Lake
09-10-2015, 02:50
+1 on CZ, a couple of my juniors have 452's. We shoot a 200 yard smallbore match once a month and these rifles do just fine. I also have a 28 gauge SXS double that all who shoot fall in love with. For the stiff safety, have you taken the action out of the stock? I'd do that and look for binds before sending it in for warranty work. If you don't see something obvious, then send it in.

aintright
09-11-2015, 04:40
Bolt break down is simple . But before you hone or any other steps that might show it was tampered with . Shoot it yourself and see if there are any other issues . Accuracy , feed , rough bolt , or trigger manipulation that would cause a discharge when safety is released . If it seems the safety is the only problem and you see that you can cure it yourself , go for it . Only reason I suggest this is if you fix the safety and find afterwards there are other issues , you may have voided the warranty by trying to fix it your self . I have owned three scouts and they are good rifles , sorry to hear you are having trouble . Hope all works out for you , Kenneth