PDA

View Full Version : Arisaka Series 35

Jkibler2
09-08-2015, 05:18
Hi Guy's, had an impromptu shoot over the weekend with a few friends. I waited until the .22s were done then I pulled out my Arisaka. Some surprised faces for sure. One guy asked me if the Arisaka's were nothing more than pipe bombs!
We moved the target back to 100yards and I fired 2 shots. Little high so I just aimed right at the bottom of the target and next rounds were on.
The bolt matches on this rifle and I was using Norma ammo
I sold off my Arisaka's a few years ago but for some reason I kept this one. This rifle was built in June or July of 1945. Certainly not last ditch but late enough to draw some concerned faces because of how crude it looks. Pretty happy with how it shot.

JimF
09-08-2015, 05:19
I know the feeling . . . .

I have an all-matching, Series 10, Type 99 Torrimatsu/Nagoya, that looks like hell . . . . wooden butt-plate, welded rear sight and upper band, etc. . . . that shoots "lights-out" (with my loads)!

Most people think it's a "last-ditch" but I know better! --Jim

psteinmayer
09-09-2015, 04:30
Gotta LOVE those Arisakas! My Toyo Kogyo Series 31 is an early one... all matching complete with the monopod, action cover, AA sight and the whole she-bang! She shoots like a dream. My Nagoya Series 7 is a nail driver... but unfortunately sportered!

Guamsst
02-24-2016, 07:20
If you were aiming at the bottom then you were sighting correctly.