PDA

View Full Version : experiment with posting pictures---

dave
09-04-2015, 01:58
32266 5 Mossberg .22 rifles from the 1930's marked and sold by Wards. Read model numbers (Moss. numbers) from bottom up. These are 5 of about 45 Moss. 22's I have. Seemed to work OK. Will get pics of couple 03 sportes I have (and a Krag) and then maybe some stock Krags. Stay tuned as they used to say! May be awhile.

aintright
09-05-2015, 03:50
Nice pictures . Don't remember the model number , but I had one like the second from the top and second from the bottom , minus the nice vintage scopes you have . The second from the top was one of the few rifles I ever owned that shot CCI Stingers really well . Killed a lot of ground hogs and squerrils with that rifle . The second from the bottom was a hummer , it had original peeps and the groups that thing would shoot was incredible . 45 of them ? Wow , that's one nice collection of some really accurate 22's . More pictures ? Bring em on , can't get too many of those , good eye candy . Thumbs up ! Kenneth

dave
09-06-2015, 05:33
I will post more when I get pics. I never had a Moss. that did not shoot good. But then most any .22 is accurate out to 50 yds., some more then others. They were the first rifles I could afford when I was a teen, paper boy! Second hand at that! Guess I was thinking of that when I started picking these up in 1998 or so. Getting harder to find and costing more now! Thanks for your kind comments!

UUURah
09-06-2015, 07:19
I bought one each Moss M-44 for each of my 4 grandkids, maybe one day their parents will let them shoot them.

I used to shoot in the regular monthly Military Matches locally, 200 yds. I did a lot of experimenting with ammo, so much so I have an ammo can full of .22 ammo that didn't make the grade. ONLY one did, Winchester Wildcat. Some ammo shot farther, but not consistent. With the Wildcat, have the sight all the way up as far as it will go without coming out. Then have to aim center-mass on the target. But WOW ... I shot Expert with 2 of them. One I haven't ever shot.

Occasionally I would shoot, the guys working the targets wouldn't be watching, I would have to call for a spot because they didn't hear the bullet. More often the hole was up in the black, a 10 or X.
When they came back down to the line, they just smiled and shook their heads.

Those guns are SWEEEEET.