PDA

View Full Version : CZ 452 Scout?

GaryO
08-27-2015, 10:58
As I approach my 70's, I have been informed that I will soon be a grandfather. As a result of that I have been considering a .22 rifle for that grandchild that my daughter or son-in-law could use to teach that child safe gun handling skills. After some mulling it over I have decided to purchase a CZ 452 Scout model and keep it as a safe queen until such time my grandchild is old enough to learn to shoot. The truth is that I may not be around to see that day. What say you about that rifle? Do I still have to buy a trigger kit for it? Thanks...

jgaynor
08-27-2015, 11:29
Well FWIW I really like my CZ455 FS in .17 HMR. For a beginner the shorter LOP of the Scout model id probably a good idea as is the .22 Cal. :1948:

gwp
08-27-2015, 12:08
The Scout looks like a good choice. I would consider upgrading the sights and purchasing extra 5 or 10 round magazines.

da gimp
08-28-2015, 06:28
you might consider a Marlin Papoose in stainless steel... though the trigger is strong... the ones i've seen needed lightening... a bolt action with a good safety... it doesn't have a striker that needs to be manually retracted to be cocked... they slip easily out of those weak little fingers... very accurate... child sized stock & barrel... we've purchased two for our grandkids... I highly recommend them & they are Amewrican made to boot. They come ready for a tip off scope too...........

aintright
09-05-2015, 04:03
The scout is one fine rifle . It cocks on the close of the bolt . Trigger kit may be ok , but by the time he or she gets big enough to hold it , they'll probably be able to manage the factory trigger . Be careful about that trigger kit as it can lead to having to buy another scout , probably going to want one for yourself . I have one , my wife has one , and my grandson , see what I mean . Grandson loves his , pro ally as much as I like mine . Little Nikon rimfire 4x power fits them good , excellent glass and holds zero . You made a good choice , I like the single shot adapter for kids , you can drop a five rounder in anytime later . As said , the Papoose is also a fine rifle , great for camping adventures . Kenneth