PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new toy

Major Tom
07-05-2015, 02:06
An AK47 with under folding stock. My first AK. Just trying to help the 'cool down' here.

SMOKEY
07-05-2015, 12:10
Who made it Major Tom?

Major Tom
07-05-2015, 05:57
It was made in Romania and imported by CAI. To satisfy import rules of US content it has a Tapco trigger which is very smooth.

Marcus
07-07-2015, 06:32
The Romanian WASR underfolders are a fairly scarce and desirable variation. I had 2 of the earlier ones that were built up with original Romanian military parts on a new productions semi-auto receiver , but sold one recently to pay medical bills for some of my rescue dogs here at the dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary I run.

From what I understand, after being out of production for several years, the Cugir Arsenal has made another limited production run of a few WASR underfolders using the new commercial production WASR with the current dated production trunnions instead of the old military ones with 1960's through 1980's, and early 1990's as I recall.

Here are a few photos of my WASR underfolders.

Marcus
07-07-2015, 06:42
More Romanian AKM goodness photos, with my underfolders and a few other rifles from my collection, including SAR-1, SOC Afghanistan & Iraq "contractor issued" WASR-10/63, and my very first WASR which is wearing a nice original military stock set with the "dong" grip.

Marcus
07-07-2015, 08:33
It was made in Romania and imported by CAI. To satisfy import rules of US content it has a Tapco trigger which is very smooth.

We want photos!

Major Tom
08-10-2015, 05:07
The 'shoulder stock' on mine is forged steel, not stamped metal. I was told that this is unusual. The bolt carrier is blued not polished. So what is the value of what I have?