PDA

View Full Version : Sedgley 03

rgbenoit
06-14-2015, 08:10
HI, I recently bought a mix-master 03 I thought was a Bannerman, turns out to be a Sedgley . I plan to replace the die-cast and M1917 parts with correct pieces to have a wall hanger. I'm not trying to mis -represent the piece, I just want it to look right. Is there any collector interest in Sedgley military 03s as opposed to the sporters? Is there any valid reason not to restore this to original configuration? Thanks

cplnorton
06-14-2015, 08:18
Pics might really help in this situation. Before you change anything some of those Sedgley's are highly collectible by some.

rebound
06-14-2015, 01:20
HI, I recently bought a mix-master 03 I thought was a Bannerman, turns out to be a Sedgley . I plan to replace the die-cast and M1917 parts with correct pieces to have a wall hanger. I'm not trying to mis -represent the piece, I just want it to look right. Is there any collector interest in Sedgley military 03s as opposed to the sporters? Is there any valid reason not to restore this to original configuration? Thanks

The last time I had a Sedgley was about 4 - 5 yrs ago. and I sold it for $700.00..
So,, I wouldn't be to quick to change anything on it till you know what you have in hand.......

dave
06-14-2015, 02:38
Original Sedgley sporters had no 1917 or die cast parts. They were 100% Springfield (except stock and barrel). So these parts were added later or it is not a Sedgley Some were low number and had the serial stippled over, you can usually make out the number. A new number was stamped in the striker channel. I have two, one rifle and a Mannlicher carbine which was stocked by Paul Yager (sp?) after he bought Sedgley's parts, when Sedgley went out of business.

What made you decide it is a Sedgley? I have a Sedgley catalog, #43, 16 pages I would be glad to copy and send to you. E-mail davcath55@gmail.com

He also made rifles on 1917 action, Mausers, and Win. 52, 22's. Many other products. They are very collectable and shoot-able!

PS: Just realize you are not asking about sporters, sorry

John Beard
06-14-2015, 06:58
Based on your description, your rifle is readily identifiable as a Sedgley Cadet Rifle and, as such, has a modicum of collector value. If you replace the Sedgley parts, you will have increased your investment in the rifle, destroyed its identity, and decreased it's value. Make wise choices!

Hope this helps.

J.B.