PDA

View Full Version : Rubberized Canvas

robh5
05-09-2015, 03:00
Does anyone know if there is anything that can be put on the Japanese rubberized canvas to protect/soften it?

1mark
05-11-2015, 02:39
I do not know of any product that will soften the rubber. Once that stuff gets hard that it. That is starts to breakdown and turn to a powder.

Sunray
05-12-2015, 12:34
Like 1mark says, nothing fixes dried rubber.

John Sukey
05-12-2015, 01:45
Reminded me of a rubberized Enfield sling I have. Strip of rubber between cloth on either side. Supposed to be a cost saving idea.
Only problem is the rubber hardened and you could now use it to almost chop down a tree!:icon_lol:

John L. Lucci
05-16-2015, 06:36
Reminded me of a rubberized Enfield sling I have. Strip of rubber between cloth on either side. Supposed to be a cost saving idea.
Only problem is the rubber hardened and you could now use it to almost chop down a tree!:icon_lol:

Or for a saber.. :evil6:

rayg
06-25-2015, 12:14
I have taken off and also put on, hardend unbendable rubberized rifle slings on Japanese rifles by using a hair dryer to heat and soften the slings enough so they can be removed or put on the rifle swivels without damage however, once they cool back down, they return to the same hard condition again. Ray