PDA

View Full Version : Nr1 Mk1* 1904 SMLE Wood

tklawrence
05-03-2015, 02:17
It's been a long while since I've been on and I may have asked this question a while ago, if so, pardon the replication.

I would like to complete my Nr1 Mk1* Sparkbrock 1904 and all that is left to find is the rear upper hand-guard with the integral rear sight protectors. The Nr1 MkIII(*) has a different hand-guard and the sight protector is attached/inlet into the lower fore arm. (I believe the * was added when it was proofed for Mk VII ammunition.)

There is a site in England that has just the rear sight protector listed for 30 Pounds and no indication of shipping costs which I know won't be cheap either.

Any leads on where to get this hand-guard (complete) would be greatly appreciated.

The brass circle in the butt indicates "9.15" "5KRR" "215". (Sept. 1915, Kings 5th Royal Regiment, Rifle 215)

Tom

RCS
05-03-2015, 03:04
There is a collector by the name of Neil on www.gunboards.com under the Lee Enfield forum. Neil has made a short production run of the Mark 1 rear
handguard with the two rivets. Neil is in FLA

tklawrence
05-04-2015, 07:23
There is a collector by the name of Neil on www.gunboards.com under the Lee Enfield forum. Neil has made a short production run of the Mark 1 rear

Thanks! I've shot him an email.

If I can complete this rifle I can concentrate on my next project which is to de-Bubba my 1912 Nr1 MkIII BSA...

Tom

tklawrence
05-08-2015, 03:39

Neil asked me to post that he is NOT in Florida, he lives in the UK. He's forgotten his login and password and wasn't aware this site still existed. He does have some wood available, if you need something either post here or PM me. I will add, these are custom built and he will age them to match the colorization of your rifle. They are not cheap but well worth the cost!

Tom

kb466
05-13-2015, 03:39
Looking for replacement SMLE III forend w/ volley sight in letting and HG's. PM sent.
Bill M.