PDA

View Full Version : Hello from GA

Georgia1911
04-29-2015, 09:33
Went from no USGI rifles in the safe to an Eddystone M1917 and Remington M1903-A3 in one day. M1917 appears to be WW2 Augusta rebuild with HS barrel, while the '03-A3 is original March of '43 Remington save for an SC bolt. I appreciate the contribution of everyone here and on similar sites. Without these resources most of us would be stumbling around to find any info on these fine firearms.

SMOKEY
04-30-2015, 06:14
Welcome aboard

IditarodJoe
04-30-2015, 06:08
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisitions. There's something about an authentic battle rifle that stirs the soul. Look forward to hearing more about your rifles.

Sarge
05-05-2015, 04:49
Welcome aboard!
Now you are in trouble - 2 militaries are all it takes for them to breed! Next thing you know you'll have 3, then 4, then ----
Spent a little time in Ga - at t Benning for jump school many yrs ago.
Sarge

bruce
05-05-2015, 06:24
Went from no USGI rifles in the safe to an Eddystone M1917 and Remington M1903-A3 in one day. M1917 appears to be WW2 Augusta rebuild with HS barrel, while the '03-A3 is original March of '43 Remington save for an SC bolt. I appreciate the contribution of everyone here and on similar sites. Without these resources most of us would be stumbling around to find any info on these fine firearms.

Welcome aboard! Two nice rifles in one day... wow! The 17 is one of the great rifles. For it to be a AA rebuild would in my eye be excellent... after all, Augusta is here is Georgia!. The 03-A3 sounds close to perfect. Get yourself a Rem. bolt and see if it gives you correct headspace. If so, the 03-A3 will be correct! If you want to you can likely sell the SC bolt and net out. Sincerely. bruce.

Georgia1911
05-11-2015, 11:01
Welcome aboard! Two nice rifles in one day... wow! The 17 is one of the great rifles. For it to be a AA rebuild would in my eye be excellent... after all, Augusta is here is Georgia!. The 03-A3 sounds close to perfect. Get yourself a Rem. bolt and see if it gives you correct headspace. If so, the 03-A3 will be correct! If you want to you can likely sell the SC bolt and net out. Sincerely. bruce.

Yes, that is the plan, but no hurry. Both barrels appear to be in great shape, with no significant rust or corrosion, and good rifling. We hope to exercise these before too long.