PDA

View Full Version : USMC Match Pistol Case

usmc69
04-14-2015, 06:34
Was at a gunshop today in Orlando and they have a Pistol Case that looks like a Pachmayr ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PACHMAYR-GUN-WORKS-PISTOL-CASE-LOS-ANGELES-CALIF-QUALITY-/281629639881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41926f44c9 ) The case in question was wood and painted green with metal strapping on all the edges, on the front was stenciled U.S.M.C. Had never seen one like that, has anyone here seen one?

Mike Josephic
04-15-2015, 12:03
Yes, I've seen them in use and I have a later model (circa 1974). They were popular among bulls-eye
shooters "back in the day" for use in competition since they provided storage for 4 guns, a spotting
scope and compartments for ammunition, etc. I paid then then large sum of $75 for mine bought brand
new. Mine was a Pachmeyer, but instead of the smooth leatherette covering in your pic had a black rough
grained fake leather. It worked well for its intended purpose.

The Marine version you speak of no doubt was a variation of these, as some guys did make their own
and the ex-Army guys on our team had their US Army version as well.

I still have mine although the modern range bags are lighter and more convenient. That old box was
heavy even EMPTY!

Mike