PDA

View Full Version : US Navy Seal Sniper Training Program

JohnMOhio
04-07-2015, 09:26
I purchase a book from Palladium Press with the above title. I found the book informative, especially when it comes to reading the wind and using the Mil Dot Scope to determine range. Info provided besides range and wind reading was the amount of lead to use on the target at various ranges. One of the items I found to be interesting, which could easily be a typo error was info on the Model 700. It indicated that it had a 6 grove rifling with a 1 in 12 twist. I was under the assumption that the 7.62 had a 1 in 10 twist rate.

I also found that the proof reader was somewhat lax in their job. Spelling errors, words missing in a sentence and the printing looked like it was all typed out on a typewriter and then scanned into a computer for printing.

Based on the info in this book, it would give the "enemy" a good look inside the tactics of a Seal Sniper, the insertion and pick up as well as aircraft positioning for both. It also included 10 commercial aircraft drawings and the positions the snipers would deploy to provide coverage should terrorists be on board.

As interesting and informative as the book is, I was disappointed in the quality of the books printing that made reading it somewhat difficult. But then..... I have old eyes.

Soft cover, $14.95 plus shipping.

John