PDA

View Full Version : Canvas rifle slings...

Stephan
03-21-2015, 09:18
I have three or four of these around on this Enfield or that one..use them on my Martini Henry 'Nepal Cache' rifles too. Just don't have enough of them for all my guns! For some reason I really like these slings...comfy..easy to adjust yet stay put. I decided to rig a couple of my modern sporting arms with British canvas and added four of these to an order from Sarco...

These are fairly cheap..and despite normal type factory ID on these...the sheer newness and style of riveting give these away as reproduction with one un-marked one possibly real-deal/used and laundered clean. It does have some slight corrosion on the brass and the webbing is slightly different color plus appears 'stretched' skinnier in width like it has borne a rifle's weight.

One of the slings is stamped on the brass-end Me. Co. 1913...and two are 'painted/inked' J.&A.H. 1944 with a broad-arrow pointing the length of the sling. Brand-spanking new..nothing but shiny brass and fresh canvas.

Look made yesterday..but more likely punched-out in India last month. Doesn't bother me that these slings are reproductions..and they do have some lesser slings advertised at Sarco that are likely real-deal British milsurp. But just a note for collector-folks looking for a sling. The $7 dollar ones will probably be faux...