PDA

View Full Version : IHC book status

Fessor
02-28-2015, 08:49
Does anyone know the status of the IHC book that ihcfan55 was working on?

dryheat
02-28-2015, 11:43
I expect, after IHCfan expires,his vast lot of information will be disseminated.

Fessor
03-01-2015, 05:54
I'm sorry to hear of his poor health. I didn't know.

dryheat
03-01-2015, 08:29
I'm sorry to hear of his poor health. I didn't know.

He may be in perfect health as far as I know, but I doubt I'll live long enough to see his book.

budmant
03-01-2015, 09:48
This was the last Email I received from Wayne

Thanks for the note!

I posted this earlier on the CMP website:

I contacted my publisher last week for updated pricing, and he tells me that our printing prices are still good. I have some final details to work out on the manuscript, and then it will be off to the publisher. The book has been in the works for 12 years now - one source has labeled me an urban myth...

I had a several very hard years with family health problems, and they continue even now. I am not a writer by profession; I am an intelligence analyst, and have a full-time job, a wife, and two kids. You write what you can - when you can.

I know one thing: This book is groundbreaking in the fact that 99 percent of the material has never seen the light of day. This book is not a bunch of regurgitated material, like so many other M1 books out there on the market. As a matter of fact, the analysis (the "why") of the data is one big reason why the book is taking so long to finish.

So, if you ever wanted to know the "whys" about IHC, then this is the book for you. I tackle about every enigma there is about IHC, and give you 30,000 individual pieces of data, including 64 color images of IHC receivers, all the way from the 4.40M range to the 5.21M range.

So, hang with me little longer, and you will not be disappointed.

By the way, I have used the front sight material in the book to write an article for the GCA magazine on the variations in IHC front sight blade widths, particularly in the 5.08M to 5.21M ranges. Contrary to what you may read, not all IHC sights were the wide-winged .875" width!

Many original IHC rifles had .751" blade widths, and some were even narrower than that. (So, don't replace that narrower-bladed sight on your IHC if it matches the wear patterns of the rest of the rifle!)

This article is slated for the fall issue.

As always, Happy Collecting!!!

PhillipM
03-01-2015, 02:20
When did he send you the email.

tmark
03-01-2015, 08:00
Thanks for the update. I'm salivating as we speak!

fogerty
03-01-2015, 09:08
Waiting patiently. I understand it will be a limited printing. Hope I get one. I submitted data to him a few years ago.

Southron
03-02-2015, 04:35
Back in 1963 I attended Georgia Military College in Milledgeville, GA. Back then it was a "Real" military school. The first time I saw "Full Metal Jacket" I was wondering why the DI was taking it so easy on his recruits. Compared to what I went through my first year at GMC, the Marine recruits were spoiled in the movie. But I digress.

I was issued a IHC Garand that year and carried it many a mile on drill and even in parades. So, I will be looking forward when the IHC Garand book is released.

budmant
03-04-2015, 05:54
I got that email in June of last year

blackhawk2
03-05-2015, 10:06
With all of the sharpshooters around, I am surprised one of them hasn't produced there version yet....regards alex