PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Numrich!

Richard H Brown Jr
02-24-2015, 09:31
Got my replacement cleaning rod bag from Numrich (e-gunparts) today.

Bought a complete M-14 cleaning kit from them, and the rod bag was completely rotted thru. Called to mention that it was bad, and they should check their stock. Expected I'd have to order a new one, but the nice lady that took the info, said they'd ship me a new one. Even had a spacer left inside, so I'm a bit ahead.

Now to see if Springfield Armory is gonna do anything about the oversized walnut9?) stock on the rifle I bought. Boyds stocks are evidently known for their over size. Course I might just buy a used m-14 stock from numrich for shooting purposes. And maybe a complete flash suppressor and front sight, so I can get a bayonet on it. No flange on the one Springfield puts on the rifle, so the evil drive by bayonet can't be put on the rifle.

RHB

joem
02-25-2015, 05:55
I still have my issued M14 bayo that was somehow forgotten to be turned in. I have no idea how that happened.

Jay Johnson
02-25-2015, 06:22
I bought a reconditioned USGI M-14 buttplate assembly from Numrich off Gunbroker about 3-weeks ago and it arrived with the trap door just about falling off and the plunger spring missing because the pin was only half inserted, it also smelled of peppermint so badly I actually smelled the peppermint before I opened the box. I returned it and they replaced it with another in good shape and w/o the peppermint smell but I'm still out $3.75 return postage... It can be a crap shoot with Numrich sometimes, their order pickers don't appear to inspect the items before boxing them, I can understand that if it's a used part, but NOS or reconditioned parts shouldn't go out the door if they aren't in serviceable condition.

Richard, you should go over to the M14 Forum, their PX shopper forum has several USGI stocks listed for sale right now.

gulliver62
02-25-2015, 01:54
Richard, send me a PM if you like. I think I have a GI stock that came with a parts kit I got years ago. I won't say it is great but is GI and I will make you a good deal. If you are looking for a really nice USGI, I ditto Jay's remarks. I have bought a number of great stocks over there.

PhillipM
02-26-2015, 01:20
Many use Fred's. http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/Standard-and-Inexpensive-M14-Rifle-Stocks_c14.htm

Dan Shapiro
02-26-2015, 03:53
I'd caution Fred's. Ordered a stock from them a couple of years ago. It arrived stuffed in a tight fitting cardboard sleeve - single layer of cardboard, no padding. Opened it up and the stock was cracked on one side of the magazine area. Looked as if someone dropped the "box" and then stepped on it.

Joe Wagner
03-03-2015, 03:09
I've ordered several stocks from Fred's. An almost new fiberglass one, and a couple hardwood ones. I've got the synthetic one on a Chinese m-14 clone, and it does the job nicely. Never had any problems with Fred's stocks.

Rick B
03-03-2015, 05:08
A friend of mine who just bought 1,600 M14 stocks. I have to go through them with him when weather warms up. He plans on selling all of them. Rick B

StockDoc
03-04-2015, 06:36
contact Dupage, he always has more items then listed on the website.

Never had a problem with Fred's either, but his stocks have the selector cut out, if you want that.

Southron
03-05-2015, 07:52
Well, my grown son goofed up and sent Numrich an extra $3.40 for the shipping cost of an order. They shipped his order and also sent him a refund check for the overage.

Numrich is first rate so far as we are concerned. Fine People to do business with.