PDA

View Full Version : Colt 1911 Morality Question

ncblksmth1
02-23-2015, 12:44
Would it be better to leave a 1911 Argentine in the 5% condition level or repark?

Bob.

Major Tom
02-23-2015, 12:57
I'd leave it alone. I would not put time or money in it.

seagoatami
02-23-2015, 03:29
Would it be better to leave a 1911 Argentine in the 5% condition level or repark?

Bob.

Bob have you ever gone to a flea market and seen some of the junk that people try to sell as antiques. would you be happy with that stuff in your house? when it could easily have a coat of paint or varnish on it and look so much more sellable. Your 1911 is about as far gone as it can get. If it were mine , I'd get it redone, professionally in its oniginal finish. I dont believe it can hurt the value of the gun. If anything it would increase its value. Even if it does nothing to the value plus or minus you will feel better about it when you pull it out to show it. and another plus is you are preserving the thing from rust and corrosion for the future. But then thats just my opinion .....sea

Johnny P
02-23-2015, 03:35
When you say "reparked", if it has already been refinished in phosphate you won't be hurting anything to get it reparked.

Col. Colt
02-23-2015, 10:09
Is it a Colt or is it Argentine manufacture? A Colt built in Hartford is going to be worth something, even at 5%. An Argentine, no matter how nice you finish it, is a 300-400 gun. If it is already parkerized, at least re-parking can protect the metal..... CC