PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Browning Auto 5 question..

jim70739
02-05-2015, 03:26
I am rebuilding a Auto 5 forearm and have a question for someone more knowledgeable than me. The forearm end that goes against the receiver has a raised ring that fits in a groove on the receiver. This raised ring is not made of the forearm wood but is a different kind of fiber. It helps reinforce the wood. It is glued or epoxied in and I am looking for replacement fiber rings. I have one for a 20ga but am working on a 12ga forearm, it is to small. Anyone know where to get these. I bought the one I have but cannot for the life of me remember where I got it. Help!

da gimp
02-06-2015, 07:02
Jim, call Nu Line Guns, on Harvester Road, near St. Louis, Missouri. ...... google them for their phone #, address and web site & you'll find them. They are the factory authorized repair center for Browning, Winchester and generally have a huge selection of parts & know of easy fixes for some problems too. I've dealt with them before, they are nice guys & and I do not hesitate to recommend them.

PhillipM
02-06-2015, 01:47
I'd try www.midwestgunworks.Com and http://www.artsgunshop.com/ Art is an ex Browning smith that specializes in restorations.

jim70739
02-07-2015, 10:21
Thank you for the information, both of you. I will drop them an email plus call Monday and maybe something will develop.