PDA

View Full Version : Mauser HSc

dave
01-25-2015, 02:27
I noticed in another post someone mentioned this pistol. I just got one (Interarms marked import) does not have the Amer.Eagle on it, just name and the fancy 'star' logo. Brand new in box (plastic) with book and test target. I paid 400. Sort of a impulse buy at a gun show so did no research. what is opinions on price I paid? .380 which I think they all were with Interarms. Thanks for any opinions!

NuJudge
01-25-2015, 07:53
Interarms imported some HSc pistols made by Mauser in the 1970's, then some made by Renato Gamba. Any idea which yours is?

dave
01-26-2015, 05:25
It is a "Mauser Original" according to slide. Also says made in Germany.

Tuna
01-26-2015, 05:49
Your in the ball park at $400. Top price for a new in the box. The HSc has one weakness and that is dry firing. The firing pin can break with dry firing so limit it if possible.

dave
01-26-2015, 10:22
Dry fire? Hell I can hardly pull the slide back! Hurts my tender fingers so much I have to have leather gloves on! Hell to get old! Thanks for comment.

Kurt
03-02-2015, 09:55
Dave, I sold one of those recently, bought it at a gun show new in the plastic box, $170, two clips. It's a nice solid pistol. One issue is the cycling, common and although I didn't do it, spring kits to lighten up that damn heavy pull. Back in the 70's you could buy Super Vel ammo that was rather hot and cycled the action perfectly. Hand loads have to be loaded on the hot side to get reliable cycling....and then it's a pretty sharp kick. You have to keep the web of your hand below the slide or you'll need bandages! I never found any factory ammo that would cycle other than the Super Vel and they haven't made it in years. You can still find it in back hole gun shops occasionally and maybe on the internet. Nice guns other than that!

Kurt

Corrected the ammo make, it was Super Vel not Viper...duh.

n64atlas
03-03-2015, 04:45
Must be different than my WWII HSc in 32ACP. It works great with everything I've put through it.
http://www.jouster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30046&stc=1

Kurt
03-03-2015, 10:39
I don't recall hearing anyone having problems with the .32's, just the .380's. I probably only put 100 rounds through that gun and maybe over time it would have loosened up. The Super Vel's were hollow points but those were the only ones of that type that would reliably cycle. Round nose and fmj would work if you ran them on the hot side but off the shelf, not well.
My understanding is they put a very stiff recoil spring in the .380's and the .32 and .22's used a much softer one.

Great pistol none the less.

Kurt

Tuna
03-03-2015, 07:16
Kurts right about the felt recoil in these. I have one of the Mauser Interarms commercial ones and it does need a strong round to operate it properly. I found the 100 gr. RN FMJ had to be loaded with the top load to function 100%. Good thing I did reload for it. I still have it but have not used it in years. Maybe I should take it out one day if the weather ever breaks and all the snow finally starts to melt. I just might be able to find the way to the range again.