PDA

View Full Version : Help with Identify Type 99 feature

harrisd27
01-22-2015, 02:44
Have a Nagoya Type 99 I believe 5th series. I have NO IDEA what the protrusion is from the nosecap and have been unable to even find another picture of one like it. does anyone know what it is?

it is all matching Numbers including the bolt and from the pics you can see the Mum is intact

any help would be appreciated.

http://s277.photobucket.com/user/harrisd27/slideshow/Type%2099

Deano41
01-22-2015, 07:26
The nose cap is backwards. Take out the front screw in the front band, reverse the nose cap and put the screw back in.

jangle
01-22-2015, 07:32
Hello harrisd27,

Indeed you have a 5th series. Your interior nose cap piece (with the cleaning rod hole through it) looks to have been install backwards. The arms that are protruding toward the muzzle are to go down inside the nose cap with one of the cross bolts to hold it into place. I couldn't get the photo to stop rotating quickly so couldn't get a real good look at it but that's what it looks like.

Deano beat me to it.

dave
01-23-2015, 05:33
Need more angles, pics of the rifle end---ones that do not move. I do not see how it would go on 'backwards'. Seems to have a cross piece between the 'ears'' sticking out.

harrisd27
01-29-2015, 07:27
Gents,
thanks for the help and I have removed the nosecap and found that the interior nosecap piece was indeed installed backwards and the piece that was between the two was a split rollpin put in to keep the tabs from being bent. have NO idea why this was done as the rifle was recently acquired from an estate picking and it was easily removed and replaced the correct way and the nosecap re installed. thanks for the help.